My top 10 reasons why I meditate!
- Anxiety. This is without a doubt the number one reason why I meditate; it helps to regulate your breath and brings a balance back to your body. I like to meditate to the sound of ocean waves because if I could live on the beach forever I would. Especially in the winter when anxiety and even depression hits me hard, I like to relax and close my eyes and just pretend I am sinking into the sand and feeling the warm sunshine shining down on me. If you can find sounds that bring peace to your mind you will be surprised at how great it can make you feel to just listen and relax and breathe! You might even almost fall asleep!
- Stress. If you are someone like me and you constantly worry and stress out about things or maybe there is just never enough time in the day to get everything done, MEDITATE! Even with no time, you need to make time I promise you won’t regret it. When I have very little time I tell myself just 5 minutes at least and that little bit can do wonders for your health, no it’s not a cure or and insta-fix but it does help.
- Mood. I have a happy/sad mood all the time, if I find myself feeling sad or depressed for no apparent reason sometimes meditation helps ease that. Again no it’s not a cure it’s just a tool. And meditation doesn’t have to be perfect all the time, if you find that you can’t focus on your breathe and you have too many thoughts running through your head that’s OK! With time and practice you will be able to block those and eventually you will be able to focus on seeing your breathe inhaling and exhaling.
- Relax. Relaxing is essential to health and if your like me go-go-go all the time, you need to take time to relax maybe take a bubble bath and play soothing music and relax in the bath just don’t fall asleep! Breathing/meditation helps me feel more relaxed in my daily life, if I miss a day I definitely feel it in my mood.
- Food. When you feel at ease and balanced you make better food choices. When I am meditation regularly I find that I make better food choices and feel more relaxed with my food choices.
- OCD. I am very obsessive compulsive about my routines sometimes and I get stuck in a very routine worried state of mind and I tend to become very OCD about things, meditating regularly helps me to remember that everything will be ok and not everything can be controlled. It helps my mind feel at ease.
- Mental Clarity. When I have too much going through my mind and can’t stop the roller-coaster meditation helps me to slow it all down and BE PRESENT! I can’t believe I am at number 7 already and I am just now mentioning that. Meditation helps and reminds me to be in the present moment because really that is all we have, this moment here and now is what we need to focus on and when I personally focus on moment to moment I tend to be less worried and less anxiety filled.
- Focus. It helps me be able to focus on certain tasks especially if I am struggling with something I like to take 5 minutes of deep breathing to clear my mind and then come back to my task relaxed and clear minded.
- Body Connection. It helps me feel in-tune with my body and actually feel my body truly. What I mean by that is, stress and anxiety and all sorts of things can cause you to feel pains or strange things in your body and when I meditate it helps me to feel what is real and what I have caused to myself from stress and anxiety.
- In tune to my feelings. This is definitely not that last thing I love about meditation but it is the last one for my top 10 list. It helps me to feel connected to my true feelings and emotions. With all the technology and being someone who works in the social media/ online world it’s easy to lose or second guess yourself… I’m sure the same is true for competitive work places or school. Meditating helps me relax, re-evaluate, be calm and easy and feel my true self and my true feelings. Basically it helps me feel whole and less pressured by outside distractions.
(Meditation is not a cure for serious medical conditions such as anxiety or depression or anything else, it’s just a tool to assist it, if you need actual help see a doctor)
I hope you enjoyed reading this and maybe feel inspired to start including meditation in your life!
XO - Michele
live happy. be free. love life.
AND to get everything sent right to your inbox drop your email below! 😉