These Almond Butter Chocolate Coconut Bars are super easy to make, no baking required, chewy, creamy and crunchy as well as vegan + GF!
Another No-Bake dessert coming your way causeeee WHY NOT?! 😉 You are going to LOVE the chewy, creamy, crunchy and indulgent texture of these Almond Butter Chocolate Coconut Bars, they are like a cross between an Almond Joy and a Snickers! 😉
OK, this recipe is really simple friends. First you pulse the oat, date, nut mixture until it forms the chewy base. Next you mix up the creamy almond coconut center and finally you add melted chocolate over the top and place these chocolate vegan delights in the freezer to set!
Simple right?! Let’s talk about a couple tips now…
For the chewy bottom, you want to pulse the oats and almond in the food processor first to get them broken up before adding the dates, then you want to pulse the dates into the mixture and then blend until it forms a glob/ball on one side of the food processor, thats when you know it’s ready!
Line a baking dish with parchment paper, pour the chewy bottom layer into the dish and press down with hands to evenly spread the layer out… now here is the TIP: take another piece of parchment paper and a cup with a flat bottom… place the parchment paper over the top of the bottom layer and use the cup to push down and pack the bottom layer down! This should leave you with a really evenly spread bottom layer without all the finger marks and dents from using your hands. 😉
The middle ayer is quite simple basically mix it up and spread it out evenly, so lets talk about the top layer….
I used Melted chocolate chips because I like to have a firm crunchy top chocolate layer (plus I’m not a fan of the coconut oil version) BUT if you would prefer a soft chocolate top then you can do the melted coconut oil mixed with cocoa powder and maple syrup thing… there’s lots of different versions online so just google it but basically you melt coconut oil, mix in cocoa powder and a dash of maple syrup and this will make a runny chocolate topping but once it sets in the freezer it will remain more soft and not crunchy… so whichever you decide is totally cool for this recipe.
A few things about these Almond Butter Chocolate Coconut Bars, they are:
Chewy + Creamy + Crunchy!
No baking required
Rich and indulgent
Like always, I really hope you give these a try and let me know in the comments and ratings below what you thought! Also snap a pic and tag me on social media!
- BOTTOM LAYER:
- ½ cup tightly packed pitted medjool dates (about 6 large ones- if dry and not gooey soak in water for 20 minutes first)
- ⅔ cup almonds (raw or roasted)
- ¼ cup rolled oats
- 2½ tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (or cacao/carob)
- MIDDLE LAYER:
- ¾ cup natural almond butter
- 1 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 2½ TBSP unsweetened shredded coconut
- TOP LAYER:
- ½ cup melted vegan chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- In a food processor add the almond, oats and cocoa- pulse until well broken up.
- Then add in the pitted (soaked if necessary) dates and pulse to break it all up and then blend until it forms a chunk on one side of the food processor, that’s when you know its done.
- Line a 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper and pour the mixture in there. Use your hands to push down and evenly spread along the bottom, optional: get another piece of parchment paper and lay it over the top, use a cup with a flat bottom to push down and make this layer more even.
- In a small bowl mix the middle layer and spread it evenly over the chewy bottom layer.
- Melt chocolate chips and evenly spread over the top, place in fridge for 30 minutes and then enjoy!
- Store leftovers in freezer.
- Stores in freezer for about 1 month.
- Makes 9 bars.