Apple and Blackberry Crumble
Apple and Blackberry Crumble is a super easy dessert. Apples and blackberries get coated in cinnamon and maple syrup topped with a crunchy oat crumble. Oh and I can't forget about the ice cream or whipped cream on top!
- Author: tworaspberries
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: dessert, crumble
- Method: baking
- Cuisine: american
- 1 cups fresh blackberries
- 1 medium apple
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBSP pure maple syrup
- 1 TBSP all purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup butter melted (I used miyokos vegan)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Vanilla ice cream
- whipped cream OR
- Banana Nice cream (frozen banana’s blended in a good blender or food processor with a dash of water (about 1 tbsp) and blended until creamy, you will need to push down sides several times… can also add flavorings if you would like, vanilla, cinnamon, other fruit etc.)
- Pre heat the oven at 350° degrees F and lightly coat the bottom of a pie baking dish with butter.
- Next you want to wash and dry the blackberries and apples.
- Peel and thinly slice the apples.
- In a large bowl add the blackberries, apples, vanilla, maple syrup and flour and give it a toss until everything is coated.
- In a separate bowl add the butter first and melt it.
- Next add the maple syrup, vanilla, and cinnamon and give it a stir.
- Then add in the oats and flour and stir until well coated a crumbly.
- Pour blackberry and apple fruit filling mixture into the pie dish.
- Add the oat crumble topping over the top carefully using a spoon to scoop it on top!
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Let cool completely before serving!
Keywords: crumble, crisp, blackberry and apple, fruit filling