Ok! So I’m telling you, you are gonna fall in love with these, they are so sweet and SO simple to make you might just want to make a double batch the first time! it's complete chocolaty nutty goodnes!
These bars are great for bringing to party’s or a get together, they are sure to be a hit. I made these for Fathers Day and everyone loved them! Well I meannn how could you not love sweet – chewy – chocolaty - nutty goodness ???
I’m telling you, your gonna finish making this recipe and be like??? I’m done… whoa that was fast… what do I do with all the extra time now? I seriously love no-bake desserts because when your done putting it all together you’re just done! Pop in the fridge and wait to serve… no waiting and setting timers to take them out of the oven I mean don’t get me wrong I love baking too but lets be honest, it just ain’t as easy as a no-bake recipe! And when the no-bake recipes taste just as delicious as the desserts your bake… or when your in a time crunch or just craving something that you want now! No-bake is the way to go!!!
Ok enough talking ya gotta go make these and let me know what you think!
p.s. also really nummy with vanilla ice cream!
any questions or comments post below in the comments, let me know what you guys thinks and did you try it with ice cream?!?!?! 🙂Print
No Bake Chocolate Oat Nut Bars
No Bake Chocolate Oat Nut Bars sweet – chewy – chocolaty - nutty goodness
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 20 mins
- Category: No Bake
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup all natural peanut butter
- ¾ cup almonds
- Greece the bottom of a pan, I used a 12x7 inch pan
- Melt the butter in a pan over medium heat. Once it’s mostly melted add the brown sugar and vanilla. After its well mixed add the oats. Cook it on low heat for an additional 3 minutes, or until the ingredients and well mixed. Then pour into the pan.
- Now you can do this at the same time and have 2 pans going at once or you can do the bottom layer first and then move on to the topping!
- Melt the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a pan over low heat, keep stirring frequently until it’s smooth. Pour the chocolate mixture over the crust in the pan and spread it out evenly.
- Next, take your almonds and chop them up, either with a knife or food processor (or you could buy pre chopped or slivered almonds) and sprinkle them over the chocolate layer in the pan!
- Cover and refrigerate for about 3 hours. Bring to room temperature before cutting bars.
if you don’t want it to be really chewy you can take the whole rolled oats and put them in a food processor and pulse a couple times just to break them up a little bit (this is actually the way I prefer them). And then for the peanut butter I use 100% natural PB from trader joes (the ingredients is just dry roasted peanuts)