Super easy, super healthy, super de-lish! Baked Sweet Potato Hash! Prep ahead option!
So comforting! Sweet potatoes, there's just something about them... Baked, sautéed, chunks, frys, even microwaved! I love them!
I made this one day as just a way to use up a couple sweet potatoes that I had totally forgotten I bought! I put them in a dark bottom cubbard, (is that true by the way? Are they supposed to be stored in a cool dark place?)
Anyways, totally forgot about them!
So I chopped them up and mixed in some other starchy veggies to make this a really heart dish! Threw a few seasonings on there and yum! It turned out so flavorful and comforting!
Now I make this Baked Sweet Potato Hash pretty often because it's so easy ... What I like to do is make 2 dinners in one night, while tonight's dinner is cooking I like to choose up this stuff and pop it in the fridge, the next night dinner is a breeze, pour in a bowl and sit and relax until it's done! 😉 I'm all about quick and easy!
So fun fact: did you know that including a little bit of fat (not much is needed just 3-5 grams per serving) with your sweet potatoes actually significantly increases the benefits of the beta-carotene from them! So I guess a little coconut oil on top is actually a really good thing more than just flavor!
Info from whfoods.com
(I like to use coconut oil because it tolerates heat better than other oils)
I hope you love this recipe as much as we did! Let me know if you try it 😉
Baked Sweet Potato Hash
Baked Sweet Potato Hash
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Lunch/Dinner/Side
- 2 medium sized sweet potatoes
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- ⅓ of a large yellow onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- For a sweet caramelized taste you can add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup, I have had both ways and they are both great
- Pre-heat the oven at 375
- Chop all your ingredients and toss them in a baking pan (I chopped mine pretty small, the smaller they are the faster they bake, the bigger they are the longer it will take to bake)
- Drizzle your coconut oil over the top and stir everything together
- Place in the oven stirring every so often (I stored about every 10 min)
- Bake for 40-55 minutes depending on size of potatoes
- Serves 2 side dishes, pair with a large green salad
prep ahead option, if your in a pinch for time, chops everything up the night before and store in the fridge, when ready pour into a baking pan and bake! I only do this one night before I will be eating it.
you might also like these potato recipes!