Second edition of the Breakfast cookie! why? because they are just too delicious + healthy to not make a new flavor!!!
I don’t know about you but when I find something that is the combo of healthy and de-lish I just want to eat it all the time… that’s these babies, PLUS how could I forget they are EXTREMELY SIMPLE!
this breakfast cookie is almost everyone’s favorite flavor combo, chocolate and PB!!! plus nuts and bananas and oats but ya know those just go along for the ride 😉 they are like the sprinkles on top the chocolate and PB!
if you have already started eating Thanksgiving dinners this week (I have read a bunch of people’s status updates that have already started) but anyways, if that’s you then say hello to your breakfast all next week!
I don’t know about you but after eating all the yummy food sometimes people don’t want to go back to “healthy” foods SO this breakfast cookie is the perfect solution, you will feel like your still eating a super un-healthy dessert for breakfast BUT it will be filling and healthy 😉 ahhh makes me so happy! I just love things that are secretly healthy!
if ya love these check out my Pumpkin Spice Breakfast Cookies!
we got what I consider GREAT news!!!
it’s not cancer or tumors or anything scary like that YAYYY HAPPY DANCE!
so what is it? … it is an extreme inflammatory condition called eosinophilic granuloma complex
it is extremely rare rare in dogs but very common in cats (we always joked that he acted like a kitty cat… maybe he has cat ancestors?)
treatment: steroid prednisone … starting with twice daily then slowly decreasing… it is un-certain weather it will clear and be gone for good OR if he will need to always be on a low dose to keep it gone, so we just have to wait and see how it works and responds to the treatment
when we go back in for a re-check we will decide if we try to stop it and see if it comes back and we just keep a watchful eye for it, OR if we keep him on a weekly maintenance low dose … but we will cross that bridge when we get there, for right now he is starting the treatment and we will wait and see 😉
THANK YOU to everyone who commented kind words and thoughts it means SO much that ya’ll are so sweet 😉
I will still keep everyone updated about the treatment and how he responds to it, and if it makes the problem go away… but for now I’m so happy that it wasn’t cancer!
Hope everyone enjoys this yummy breakfast or snack!
don’t forget to follow us on:
and sign up for our email updates (link in the sidebar)
Breakfast Cookie Chocolate Nut Oat Vegan Gluten Free Soy Free
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1/4 vegan chocolate chips
- 1tbsp Cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 oz Apple sauce (natural unsweetened)
- 1/2 medium banana
- Optional drizzle on top
- 1/4 cup all natural peanut butter
- Pre-Heat the oven at 365 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper
- Take your oats and put them in a food processor (I used my ninja mini food processor) and Pulse until it turns into a coarse flour (not so much that’s it’s a smooth flour you want to leave some chunks in the flour for texture)
- Transfer the oats flour into a bowl and add your sugar, salt and cocoa powder
- Throw your almonds and chocolate chips into the food processor and pulse until broken up and add to your bowl of dry ingredients
- In a separate bowl add your banana, applesauce, and vanilla and mash it all together until lost chunks are smoothed out
- Add your wet mixture into your dry and mix well
- Note: you are going to think oh my gosh this isn’t going to mix but trust me, it will keep smashing it all together using the back of your spoon or spatula
- Scoop out onto your lined cookie sheet about 2 tbsp per cookie, and push down and form your cookie shape!
- Put in the oven for 19-21 minutes… They will feel soft but after you let them cool for at least 15 min they will Firm up
- If you want to add PB drizzle , melt your PB in a bowl for about 15-20 seconds and transfer into a piping bag or sandwich bag and use a toothpick to poke a super tiny hole in the end… Drizzle over cookies (while they are on the lined cookie sheet for easy clean up!)