These are the best vegan Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies with crisp edges and a chewy center, they're an all around classic favorite!
ok! Seriously friends this is FAVORITE! a new favorite that is, it's chewy and soft and it literally stays that way for daysss! totally love this Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie!
Flavor- classic! This is truly a chocolate chip cookie flavor, it’s a neutral slighly vanilla tasting dough with huge chunks of chocolate!
Texture- crisp edges and chewy + gooey soft center! Just a perfect cookie!
Ease of making- EASY only 9 ingredients and 1 bowl to make these tasty chewy cookies from your dream!
Ease of clean up- super easy just 1 bowl and 1 spoon!
TIPS for making : do not skip the fridge step! The dough needs to be cold when it goes into the oven other wise the cookies will spread out super thin and flat.
Customization- add in any mix ins to this super soft cookie, vegan m&m’s or even my healthy PB Cups chopped up into tiny pieces would be oh-so-yum! Note to self: I need to try that!!!
Additional notes: when they come out of the oven leave them on the lined baking sheet and let them COOL COMPLETELY or they will fall apart, they need to finish setting! … ORRR you could totally crumbly a nice hot underbred cookie over some vegan vanilla ice cream??? Just a thought! Y-U-M!
More Recipes like this:
- Soft Chocolate Chunk Caramel Cookies (if you like a little caramel with you chocolate)
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Marble Cookies (for more chocolate and PB delicious-ness)
- Classic Chocolate Chip cookie Bars (those of you that prefer a little more tradition)
- Caramel Macadamia Cookies (fancy caramel and nut lovers)
- Classic Chocolate Chip Vegan Cookies (for those who wan t a GF refined sugar free option)
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ⅓ cup vegan butter softened room temp, I use Earth Balance in the red pkg.
- ⅓ cup vegan cane sugar
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup non-dairy milk I use SILK unsweetened almond
- 1 ½ cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 Pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips chunk or chocolate bar chopped, I use a mixture.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350˚ F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter and sugar and mix together, then add in the rest of the wet ingredients and mix.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix, fold in the chocolate chunks last.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and form large golf ball sized balls 6 per cookie sheet and bake for 15 minutes (1 cookie sheet at a time, place the other in the fridge and remove 5 minutes before baking)
- LET COOL completely about 30 minutes.