Chili Lime Fajita Rice Bowls are super easy, perfect for meal prepping. Flavorful chili, lime, corn, mushrooms and more! Vegan, GF, oil free and low fat!
Everyone is SO busy this time of year with school that just started, work, upcoming family holiday planning and more! The fourth quarter of the year is hectic! Am I right?!
Well I’m about to make your life a million times easier, you are going to love these rice bowls because they are GREAT for meal prepping! This means that you can make it once and eat it for lunch 2-3 times what could be better?!
Rice is one of my favorite make a head grains because it tastes just as good fresh as it does re-heated, or if you’re like me… you’ll eat it cold! 😉 I know, I’m weird but I’m ok with that!
So instead of putting oil, butter or some kind of super high salty sauce on the rice to keep it from sticking together, today we are putting lime on this rice! It gives it a really fresh taste and also keeps it from being sticky! It-is-perfect!
And then we top it with flavorful veggies corn, mushrooms, tomatoes and peppers that have been sautéed up in some chili powder to give it that super yum Mexica fajita smell and flavor! Chili and lime were made for each other my friends! They just were. Period. 😉
So basically to make this bowl you make the rice per package instructions! Squeeze lime on it and that’s all we are doing to the rice!
Then you chop and sautee up the veggies in a non-stick pan adding chili, onion and cumin for a spicy yummy fajita flavor!
Top the rice with the veggies!
Smash up a ripe avocado in a bowl with some lime juice (this helps to prevent the avocado from turning brown also, it will still darken but the lime preserves it for a while!) and put a dollop on top of the veggies that are topped over the rice!
There ya’ go, a big bowl of yummy fresh lime, spicy chili rice bowls!
These Chili Lime Fajita Rice Bowls are:
Flavorful and versatile!
Mild-ly spicy with a fresh lime hint!
Perfect for lunch, dinner or meal prepping!
Try this bowl! Comment and rate it below! Snap a pic, tag me on social media! Thank you, you’re the BEST! ;-)
Chili Lime Fajita Rice Bowls
Chili Lime Fajita Rice Bowls, great for meal prepping or a fast delicious dinner!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 26 mins
- Total Time: 41 mins
- Yield: 2-3 1x
- Category: Lunch/Dinner/Rice
- 1 cup dry basmati rice cooked in water (about 3 ½ cups cooked)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ yellow pepper
- 1 ½ cups corn (I used a no salt added can)
- ⅓ of a small white onion chopped
- About 20-30 cherry or grape tomatoes sliced in half
- ⅛ tsp onion powder
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp chili powder (or a little more to taste)
- Pinch of fresh black pepper
- 1-2 small limes (will need 3 TBSP of fresh juice from it)
- 1-2 ripe avocados
- First cook your rice in water according to package directions. Mine was 1 cup dry rice to 2 cups water, bring water to a boil and then add rice and let simmer covered with a lid for about 20 minutes until water is absorbed. (I always wash my rice before adding it, you need a mesh like strainer to do this)
- Next start chopping the pepper, mushrooms and onion. Add them to a sautee pan along with the corn. Add the seasonings (onion, cumin, chili and pepper) to the veggies and cook on low-medium heat for about 15-20 minutes while the rice is cooking.
- Once the rice is done, add 2 tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice to the rice and mix it in.
- In a small bowl add the ripe avocado and using a form mash it up! Add the 1 tablespoon of lime juice and stir it in.
- Serve, add rice to a bowl and top with veggies and avocado mixture!
- Serve 2-3 people.