Chipotle Veggies over Rice Vegan Gluten Free is a super quick and easy meal to make for dinner and have leftovers for lunch the next day!
Chipotle Veggies over Rice! If you have seen my other rice/veggie dishes like my Veggies Fried Rice you probably know I'm not much for spicy rice BUT in this case it works nicely... the veggies are Chipotle spiced but the plain rice gives you something to cool your hot mouth down with! it's a perfect combo!
p.s. if you like spicy you could always mix the rice and veggies in the pan with a little more chipotle seasoning!
So I make a lot of different veggie and rice dishes because simply put, they are easy! 😉 not to mention super versatile!
but this time I stepped out of my comfort zone and made this chipotle flavored! I came across chipotle seasoning when I was looking for a spicy seasoning for my Baked Spicy Chipotle Sweet Potato Wedges and you guys that stuff smells and tastes so hot and smokey and spicy and oh-so-good!!!
and like I mentioned earlier if you not into Spicy thats ok because the rice totally gives your mouth a chill out in between bites so you don't have to have a numb tounge! 😉
and ya know what else I love about rice dishes! they are perfect for more than one dinner or lunch the next day when you make extra! not all foods are good re-heated but in my personal opinion rice can get away with it! 😉
anyways I hope you give it a try and let me know what ya think! and have a bomb weekend!
Chipotle Veggies over Rice Vegan Gluten Free
Chipotle Veggies over Rice
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: lunch/dinner
- Cuisine: rice
- Rice (I used white rice but you can use any rice you like, I used 3 cups dry)
- 1 whole lime
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- ½ a purple onion
- ⅔ cup frozen green beans
- one 12 oz. bag of frozen veggies
- (mine had: broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas, red peppers, and water chestnuts)
- green onions/scallions
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Chipotle seasoning
- ½ tsp Garlic seasoning
- prepare your rice according to directions of the rice you choose
- add 1 tablespoon olive oil and the juice of the whole lime to the rice AFTER it's cooked!
- while the rice is cookied prepare your veggies... in a large skillet pan add ALL your veggies and olive oil and let simmer on medium heat, half way through about 10 minutes into cooking add HALF the amount of your seasonings salt/pepper chipotle and garlic... when almost done about 18 minutes into cooking add the other half of your seasoning!
- pour veggies over rice and enjoy
- Veggies cook for about 20 minutes on medium heat!
- this recipe says it serves 3, that's 3 large meals if you serve this as a side it will probably feed 4-6 people!
love this recipe? try my Veggie Fried Rice!