these Chocolate Brownie Donuts are -Vegan -Gluten Free -Soy Free and so melt in your mouth fudgy! dense and moist! not your average donut!
well if chocolate doesn't make a Monday better, I'm not sure what does?! 😉
I don't know about you but when I've had a rough day a little bit of super rich chocolate is just the right thing to put a smile back on my face!
these donuts are SO not your average donuts that leave you still hungry and feeling like you ate nothing but empty air! ... don't get me wroong I totally know that donuts are "supposed" to be light and airy BUT it's just not my thing... if I'm going to eat a treat I don't want to be left hungrier than before I ate it! but that's just my 2 cents!
I hope you had a great weekend! we spent a lot of time outside walking the pupperz and we went for a bike ride! I absolutely LOVE summer and warm weather! oh, and I also took some pictures of our garden 😉 so hopefully I'll get those up soon!
anyways...these donuts are super dark chocolate with little tiny chocolate chips hidden throughout the inside! yay for little surprises 😉
also instead of regular white sugar I used coconut sugar in this recipe... first time ever using that stuff and I gotta say, the smell strait out of the bag was a little bit different but the taste of it in this recipe, pretty darn great! I'll be using that stuff in more recipes for sure!
and the frosting/glaze has a tiny bit of coconut oil mixed in it to give it a little hint of coconut flavor as well as the coconut flakes on top!
these brownie style donuts definitely call for a glass of almond milk! picture this, sitting out on the patio after a long day of work and having a dense, chocolaty, brownie donut and washing it down with almond milk, smelling the fresh air of summer coming... now try and tell me that doesn't just paint a picture of relaxation in your head!!! 😉
I hope ya love them as much as we did!
Chocolate Brownie Donuts -Vegan -Gluten Free -Soy Free
Chocolate Brownie Donuts -Vegan -Gluten Free -Soy Free ... fudgy+dense!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 11 mins
- Total Time: 21 mins
- Yield: 8 1x
- Category: dessert
- Dry Ingredients:
- 1 ½ cups plus 2 tablespoon all purpose GF flour (I used bob's red mill)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup 100% unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- Wet Ingredients:
- ¼ cup mashed banana (about ¾ of a large banana or 1 whole small banana)
- ½ cup unsweetened vanilla Almond Milk (I used Silk brand)
- 2 TBSP coconut oil
- 2 TBSP maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ⅓ cup Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips
- ½ TBSP coconut oil
- unsweetened coconut flakes
- pre-heat the oven at 350
- spray a donut pan with non-stick cooking spray, I used coconut oil spray
- add all your dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl
- in a small microwave safe bowl add your maple syrup and coconut oil and microwaves about 30 second until fully melted
- add you vanilla to the melted coconut oil and maple syrup
- then add you oil, syrup, vanilla liquid mixture to your dry ingredients
- add your almond milk and mashed banana to the dry mixtre
- stir everything really well!
- pour batter into a large zip lock bag OR a piping icing bag (I get mine from Michael's the Wilton brand)
- pipe your donut batter into your donut pan (also Wilton's from Michael's)
- bake for 11-12 minutes
my donut pan only makes 6 donuts and this recipe is for 8 so it will take 2 times OR if you fill them SUPER full note they will take EXTRA time to bake so use a tooth pic to determine when it's done!