Yes, cookie and pie come together to form this super yummy Chocolate Caramel Cookie Pie that is vegan and so tasty! loaded with chocolate chips and caramel!
Yep you read that right… this wonderful pie of chocolaty good-ness is not to far away from being you your kitchen… I mean how could you not love a cookie and a pie coming together… maybe over some vanilla ice cream??? Just a thought…
So obviously you know the Best Caramel Sauce makes a big recipe so I had to make sure you had enough recipes to use that tasty delightful stuff in! So far we have these:
Caramel Macadamia Cookies (spoiler, coming Friday!)
This Chocolate Caramel Cookie Pie
Have you tried the caramel sauce or any of these recipe yet? If not I don’t know what you are waiting for, you’re definitely missing out big time!
How to assemble this Chocolate Caramel Cookie Pie:
- first thing is to make the caramel sauce the night before or at least 6 hours before making the cookie pie, you need to spread some of the caramel on parchment paper and place in the freezer to get firm so you can work with it.
- Next make the dough.
- Spread half the dough on the bottom layer of the pie pan, take the caramel from the freezer and work quickly before it starts to soften, scrape chunks off and randomly spread though the center layer, scoop blobs of dough on for the top layer, use your hands to spread evenly without messing up the caramel in the center layer… works best to just press down with you hands and push to evenly spread.
- Next layer some more caramel chunks and chocolate chips!
Taste + Texture:
- soft but dense at the same time
- Kinda like a cookie meets cake texture, not quite as firm as a cookie but not as soft as a cake.
- Indulgent, chocolate-y and sticky caramel!
- Thick and chewy!
- Just unique and it’s own kinda thang’ super yummy!
Try it try it try it! I promise you will love it!
Chocolate Caramel Cookie Pie
Yes, cookie and pie come together to form this super yummy Chocolate Caramel Cookie PIe that is vegan and so tasty! loaded with chocolate chips and caramel!
- Prep Time: 45
- Cook Time: 26
- Total Time: 1 hour 11 minutes
- Yield: 9 1x
- Method: baking
½ cup melted vegan butter (I use Earth Balance in the red tub)
⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon non dairy milk (I use SILK almond unsweetened)
1 tsp vanilla
⅓ cup vegan cane sugar
½ cup packed brown sugar
1 ¾ cup unbleached all purpose flour
½ tsp baking soda
Pinch of sea salt
⅓ cup plain unsweetened pure cocoa powder
½-¾ cup Best Caramel Sauce
½ cup vegan chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
Pre-heat the oven to 370˚ F
Line a pie dish with parchment paper
Bake for 26-30 minutes
- Make the Best Caramel Sauce the night before or atlas 6 hours before making the cookies.
- Spread about ½ cup of the caramel sauce on parchment paper and place in the freezer overnight or atlas 6 hours to get firm so it can be peeled off in chunks to add to the batter.
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter and melt in the microwave, stir in the rest of the wet ingredients.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips. (reserve she for the top)
- Pour half the batter into the bottom of the pie pan, remove the caramel from the freezer and scrape off chunks to add on top the layer of dough, place other half of batter on top and spread evenly, layer more caramel and chocolate chips on top.
- Place in the oven and bake for 26-30 minutes until a tooth pick comes out of the center clean.
Best eaten the same day but can store in a sealed container for up to 3 days just won’t be as soft after the first day
Keywords: chocolate, caramel, cookie, pie, yummy, vegan, chocolate chips