These Chocolate Chunk Coconut Oat Cookies are quick and easy to make, vegan, gluten free, naturally sweetened, and only require 10 ingredients!
I guess you could say these cookies are healthy?! They are vegan, GF, soy free, naturally sweetened but don’t let any of that fool you, they taste amazing!
They don’t taste like “healthy” cookies they taste like the really deal yummy crisp and soft at the same time.
They are even more delicious if you add them to some homemade coconut ice cream! Just sayin’ if you wanted an EXTRA special treat!
A note about the flour:
I used old fashioned rolled oats, I measure them before processing them into flour so be sure you measure them whole, then process into flour.
The texture of these cookies:
They are soft but crisp at the same time, they are a little bit crumbly but in a good way, not chewy or crunchy but just right… like once it gets in your mouth and gets all sticky it’s like a mouth full flavor from the oats, chocolate and coconut!
If you try these out (or even add them to the coconut ice cream let me know in the comment below! Or tag me on TwoRaspberriesI love hearing from ya!
Chocolate Chunk Coconut Oat Cookies
- 1 ½ cup rolled oats processed into flour
- ½ cup oats left whole
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 Pinch of sea salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½-¾ cup vegan chocolate chips of chocolate bar chopped into chunks
- 1 tablespoon applesauce unsweetened plain
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup vegan butter melted
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- Pre-heat oven to 360˚ F.
- Add all the dry ingredients to a mixing bowl except the chocolate and stir.
- Melt the butter and add that and the rest of the wet ingredients to the dry mixture and stir.
- Add in chocolate and stir
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and form cookie shapes (flatten don’t leave as balls). Bake and let cool completely! ENJOY!!!
- Let cool 20 minutes!