Chocolate Cinnamon Overnight Oats are an easy go-to for anyone in a hurry! Chocolate and cinnamon topped with apples and bananas are a perfect combo! Vegan
These chocolate cinnamon overnight oats are just what we need this time of year because they can be eaten cold like overnight oats generally are OR you can warm them up and it just makes these oats ooey gooey and deliciously creamy! 😉
It’s important to remember that these two flavors chocolate (unsweetened cocoa powder) and cinnamon can be bitter if they are not sweetened. For this recipe I choose to use the fruit as the sweet component and it’s amazing! BUT if you do not plan on adding fruit then you need to add a different sweet component like, more maple syrup or even blending almond or peanut butter in with the milk before adding it to the oats just to give a more rich flavor even though that’s not a sweet-ness it will provide a good enough balance to off set the bitter flavors of cocoa and cinnamon.
With all that being said I really encourage you to just try it with the fruit! It’s easier and it tastes like a cinnamon-y chocolate-y kinda apple pie flavored good-ness! 😉
For assembly you can check out my peanut butter over night oat recipe which has a video so you can see how I like to layer these in jars which makes them very convenient to grab n go in the morning!
You can prep these so they are ready to-go and they stay good for about 3 days in the fridge in a sealed jar or container but, I do not recommended chopping and leaving the fruit in there that long! I suggest chopping it and adding it to the jar in the morning before you go!
These Chocolate Cinnamon Overnight Oats are:
Quick and easy
Great warm or cold
Creamy and delicious
Filled with fiber
Filling and satisfying
Great for grab n’ go
Ok! I think that’s all I need to say for this post! I hope you try it and leave a comment and rating below! Also snap a pic and tag me on social media!!!
Chocolate Cinnamon Overnight Oats
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- 1 cup oats
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- ½ tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 ⅛ cups vanilla unsweetened Almond Milk I like SILK brand
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Raw cacao nibs
- Add the oats and chia seeds to a container and set aside.
- Next add the almond milk, cocoa powder, cinnamon and maple syrup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture over the oats and stir. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes, then give it a stir again to avoid clumping, and place back in the fridge overnight!
- Once ready to enjoy, pour the mixture in a bowl and add toppings!
- Serves 2
you might also like these!