Your going to LOVVVEEE these Chocolate Coconut Cake Bites!!!
if you love chocolate and coconut as much as I do then these are for you!
plus as usual they are Vegan Gluten Free and Soy Free!
So if you love those "mounds" bars but your going or have already gone Vegan (or maybe your neither and you just wana switch it up a little) you need these Chocolate Coconut Cake Bites in your life!
you have now entered into the world of super rich dark chocolate paired with coconut! aka: heaven in the form of dessert!
now I'm not going to lie, these are a little bit time consuming because there are 3 steps to these BUT it's all worth it, especially when it's midnight and you want something yummy and you have a stash of these babies in your freezer! ... yeahhhh thats me, a midnight snacker :-/ don't judge now... what can I say, I need a chocolate fix like... twice a day, afternoon and late night 😉 it's not like I go overboard and stuff my face with a huge cake, just a bite... chocolate is my form of addiction, well either that or coffee ...? not sure which one is more addictive...
anyways, on to the Chocolate Coconut Cake Bites!
they are firmly chewy inside like cake meets chocolate chip combo and the outside is a hard chocolate coconut shell! I mean seriously they are INSANE! you gotta go try them 😉
Hope everyone enjoys this chocolaty good-ness!
don’t forget to follow us on:
and sign up for our email updates (link in the sidebar)
Chocolate Coconut Cake Bites Vegan GF Soy Free
Chocolate Coconut Cake Bites
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 45 mins
- Yield: 23 1x
- Category: dessert
- Brownie Ingredients:
- 1 cup GF all purpose flour
- 1 cup Sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ⅔ cup shredded coconut (optional)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup water
- ¼ cup unsweetened natural apple sauce
- Frosting mix in:
- ⅔ cup vegan chocolate chips melted
- 2 tbps vanilla almond milk
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coconut nectar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- pre-heat the oven at 350
- in a large bowl mix your GF flour, sugar, cocoa powder, coconut (optional), salt and mix well
- next add wet ingredients water, and apple sauce and mix well
- place in the oven for 25 minutes
- after it comes out of the oven let it cool for atleast 10-15 minutes and then crumble the cake in a large bowl
- melt your chocolate chips and sitr it into the crumbled cake.
- add your almond milk to moisten the cake
- roll into balls, makes abou 20-24 balls depending on your size
- place the balls on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper
- make your glaze... in a small bowl add your coconut oil, coconut nectar, and melt in the microwave for about 30 seconds
- add your cocoa powder, salt, vanilla, and powdered sugar mix well
- either dip each ball into the glaze and place back on parchment paper OR if you prefer you can just use a spoon and drizzle the glaze over the balls!
- freeze for about 20 minutes and then ENJOY
- Store in the freezer for about 1 week