Classic Cornbread Muffins made Vegan! Top with butter and maple syrup or honey and enjoy this flavorful mouthful!
So true story, I've never been much for cornbread... Until... I'm not sure actually, I suddenly had a random craving for them? Nick and Mom love them but me never really so much...
But then! the secret I need to share with all you skeptical cornbread muffin peeps like me... (Of course if you love cornbread already you'll love this anyways)
but the secret to making them actually taste amazing to us that aren't really cornbread people, Topping them with butter and maple syrup O-M-G!
It's like an explosion of flavor and texture in your mouth!
Ok, that might not really be a secret cause all you cornbread muffin lovers probably already do that, but hey I never did and mannnn does it make a difference! All these years missing out on such an amazing lil muffin, No more!
It's like grainy textured from the cornmeal
Crunchy outside if you bake them long enough
Moist + Sweet from the maple syrup
Sweet+Corn flavor makes a happy mouth and tummy!
These would be perfect for this time of season with the holidays and family gathering even a great muffin to bring with you to a gathering!
If you make em' tag me on IG so I can see!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 23 mins
- Total Time: 33 mins
- Yield: 7 1x
- Category: muffin/side
- 1 cup unbleached all pour pose flour
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup vegan cane suagar
- 1 flax egg (1 tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 tbsp water let sit for 5 minutes until jelly consistency)
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅔ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- ¼ vegan butter ( I used Earth Balance in the red tub)
- Extra maple syrup and butter for topping!
- Pre heat the oven at 350
- First get your flax egg ready by using ground flax seeds or whole flax seed ground in a grinder/magic bullet/mini food processor or what you have on hand mix you 1 tablespoon ground flax with 3 tablespoon water and set aside while mixing the rest of the ingredients
- In a large mixing bowl add your flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, sugar, and mix together
- In a separate small bowl add butter and microwave about 30 seconds until melted, then add in your maple syrup, almond milk, and flax egg (make sure it's jelly consistency, if not let sit longer)
- Mix the wet and dry ingredients together and stir well
- Spray a muffin pan with non-stick spray and fill them ¾ full with your batter
- Once oven in pre-heated place in the oven for 20 minutes unless you like crunchy brown tops then 25 minutes!
- Top with butter and maple syrup before eating (if you would like but I encourage it! )
- Makes 7 muffins