This is my take at a Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookie! It's vegan, gluten free, soy free and SO delicious!
Ya know that cookie that's got a crispy texture, the one that is like a snacking cookie that you want to sit in front of the television and eat a couple of? That's THIS cookie!
It's not too heavy or full of butter, it's actually pretty healthy but unlike other cookies it's light and crispy, it doesn't feel like a pound cake just went in your belly!
We have been loving the light texture of this cookie lately! 😉
So I'm a cookie fanatic, I could never pick a favorite kind of cookie.... Ever! If anyone has read my bio, we are like cookie and salad people, basically means we try and eat pretty healthy but we'll never give up dessert! A bite of the un-healthy ones, and huge bites of the healthy ones!
I love healthy cookies because I don't even have to feel bad about eating them, but I also love having bites of not-so-healthy other cookies if ya know what I mean! There's a time and place for ALL cookies! 😉
Am I right? ... Or course I am, who could say no to cookies!
What's your favorite treat? Cookies? Brownie? Cake? Cupcakes? Bars? Fill me in!!! 😉
This cookie is:
Great for snacking (tip: make small mini ones and then you can have like 10 of them!)
Let me know if you try these bad boys! And did you make them regular size or snacking size?
Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookie Vegan - Gluten Free - Soy Free
Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 19 mins
- Total Time: 24 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Cookie
- 1 ½ cup brown rice flour
- 1 tbsp tapioca flour
- ½ cup rolled oats (processed into chunky flour)
- Pinch of sea salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp coconut sugar
- 3 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 flax egg (1 tablespoon flax seeds ground up mixed with 3 tablespoon of water let sit for 3-5 mintes)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ⅓ cup vegan mini chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
- Greece or line a cookie sheet
- Mix all your dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl ( food process your oats first but leave it a chunky texture)
- Grind up your flax seeds and mix with water and set aside
- Mix all your wet ingredients into a separate smaller bowl except for coconut oil
- Add wet ingredients teaspoon to dry mixture, then melt coconut oil and add to mixture as well... (If your coconut oil is already liquid you can mix it in with step 4 above , if it's not melt and mix it separately!
- your flax eggs should be gooey and jelly textured now, if it is mix it in, if not let sit until it is!
- Mix the mixture really well I used my hands!
- Place in fridge for 10-20 minutes
- Preheat oven at 370 while dough is in the fridge
- Remove Doug from the fridge and form cookie shapes and place in the cookie sheet
- Bake for 19 minutes
- Let the cookie sit for at least 20 minutes before eating, when you remove them from the oven they will seem crumbly and not fully cooked, they need to sit and cool to become a firm cookie texture!
- Makes 12 cookies