These Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies are SO chocolaty and sweetened naturally with coconut sugar and maple syrup!
Happy last day of July! ... Or should I say holy crap where did the summer go?
Do you remember being a kid and a 3 months summer break seemed like the best long vacation ever? And now that your older summer just flies by so fast you hardly even notice!
Why is that? Because we have work and routines? ... Kids usually don't have schedules so maybe that's why summer seemed so much longer back then?
I don't know what are your thoughts about that? 😉
Either way, these Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies are one of my favorites so far! They are packed with so much chocolate it's like a chocolate lovers dream come true! The cocoa powder in these give your whole mouth that rich dark chocolate taste and then the chocolate chunks, let me just say when you bite into one of those it's like instant chocolate explosion in your mouth! It makes this ah-mazing texture of cocoa-y powder taste mixing in your mouth but then this gooey chocolate chunk creamy texture mixes into it and it's like likeeee.... Heaven! 😉
Let me know if you try these and what you think!
Oh yeah, they are great the first day but the second and third day are even better it's almost like they start off kinda crumbly but then they get more moist after the first day! It's something about rice flour I think... Anyways they are bomb! Try them! 😉
Have a great weekend! 😉
Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies Vegan - Gluten Free - Soy Free
Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 14 mins
- Total Time: 19 mins
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: Cookie
- 2 cups brown rice flour (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 3.9 oz. unsweetened applesauce (it's about ½ cup I used of of the store bought snack sized containers)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- ⅔ cup vegan chocolate chunks (I used Enjoy Life brand)
- Pre heat the oven at 370
- Mix all your dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl
- In a separate smaller bowl add all your wet ingredients except the coconut oil
- Add wet ingredients into dry mixture and lightly mix, now melt your coconut oil and mix into dry mixture as well... (If your coconut oil is already melted feel free to mix it into the wet ingredients all at the same time, but if it's solid it need to be melted separately because the other ingredients are too cool to be mixed with hot coconut oil , it will cause the coconut oil to harden back up)
- The mixture will seem too dry but mix it really well I used my hands and needed it kind of.... Add chocolate chunks last
- Spray a cookie sheet with non stick spray or use parchment paper or a little coconut oil something for non stick
- Form cookie shapes and place in cookie sheet bake for 14 minutes
- Note: the cookies will seem like they are not done but don't go over 14-15 minutes, they need to set for about 20-30 minutes to become firmer so be patient don't try and eat them right away or they will crumble!