This Easy Baked Vegan Falafel in healthy and oil free! It is quick and easy to make and FULL of parsley and cumin flavor. Vegan and Gluten Free!
Falafel = LIFE! These are SO good! You are going to love these Easy Vegan Baked Falafel’s because not only are they FULL of flavor but they are BAKED and oil free plus all you need is a food processor to blend up some ingredients and bake them! How easy right?!
Ok let’s get right into this delicious-ness shall we! 😉
Falafel’s are really herb-y tasting but in a good way, when you pair them with salad and tomatoes like I did here they are just the perfect healthy light lunch and when the Falafel’s are baked instead of fried, they really are healthy! 😉
Parsley and cumin are what really give these their flavor packed yummi-ness.
Now, because they are baked I’ll admit they are a little bit more dry/baked tasting than their fried friends, meaning it doesn't taste oily... but that is kind of to be expected when taking a fried food and baking it right?! 😉
I did add an optional suggestion in the recipe (that I have tested) and that is adding 2 tablespoon of either olive oil or lemon juice to the recipe if you are worried about it being too dry... I just prefer to not add them because with the lemon you taste a hint of lemon in the falafel and with the olive oil, well I just prefer to not add the extra fats 😉 although I did prefer the olive oil option over the lemon option!
either way you choose to make it, it definitely doesn’t lack in flavor at all though if you don't add them! I had a hard time not eating them all fresh from the oven! :-/
And with the dressing drizzled over the top it just takes it to a whole new level of delicious-ness! don't skip the dressing! 😉 causeeee it's just YUM!
basically everything goes into the food processor and then you make lil patties and pop em' in the oven flipping half way through!
I really wanted to make these and freeze them to see if they freeze well so I can make extra and have them on hand but honestly they never make it to the freezer! I need to make a bigger batch so they make it to the freezer! HA! I will update the recipe notes once I have tried freezing them! 😉
Also I made a VIDEO for these Easy Baked Vegan Falafel’s so you can see just how easy and fun healthy food can be! If you like if hope over to YouTube and subscribe + give it a thumbs up, so you never miss anything!
Ok I hope you really love these as much as I do! If you make them comment and let me know what you think! And take a pic and tag me on social media so I can see!
want to PIN this for later? click here
and don't forget to sign up for email updates (drop your email in the box below!)
Easy Baked Vegan Falafel
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 40 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 7-8 1x
- Category: lunch/dinner
- 1 cup loosely packed parsley (I used a store bought container that said 1 oz.)
- ⅓ cup almond meal (I use Bob’s Red mill brand)
- 2 cloves of garlic peeled
- ¼ cup roughly chopped white onion
- ⅛ tsp curry powder
- 2 tsp cumin powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- 1 15oz. can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans drained, rinsed and patted dry.
- 1 TBSP sesame seeds
- OPTIONAL:(see notes)
- 2 TBSP of lemon juice OR olive oil
- 2 TBSP veganaise
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- Squeeze of lemon (about 1 TBSP)
- Optional: a pinch of chili powder for extra spice
- SERVE WITH:
- Tomato slices
- More sesame seeds sprinkled over top
- Fresh lemon to squeeze over top
- Pre-heat the oven at 375 F
- In a food processor add the parsley, almond meal, garlic, curry, cumin, and black pepper and blend until broken up and mixed together.
- Add the chickpeas and blend until well combined scraping sides down as necessary. It will not be smooth but it will be well combined.
- Fold in sesame seeds and then start forming patty’s and placing on a cooking sheet to bake.
- Bake 20 minutes and then remove from oven and carefully flip them over to other side and bake another 20 minutes.
- Makes 6-8 small patties of 3-4 larger ones.
You can add up to 4 cloves of garlic if you like it really potent.
if you are worried about these being too dry lease choose to add the 2 tablespoon of either olive oil OR lemon juice I have tried both variations with success (pick 1 of them the lemon or olive oil! do not add both)
simple. flavorful. filling.