This Easy Clean Chickpea Corn Salad is healthy, quick and easy to make, packed with protein and healthy fats, paired with a chili tahini dressing! Vegan, GF
I hope you all had an amazing and safe July 4th! Or at least the weekend before the 4th… kind of a bummer when it doesn’t fall on a weekend day right?!
What did you do? did you watch fireworks or go to a cabin? have friends over or go to friends houses?!
We watched fireworks from our house, the park/city down the street from us has them every year so that’s really nice!
Anyways… moving on to this Clean Chickpea Corn Salad!!! It’s literally my new favorite salad obsession at the moment and I think you will absolutely love it! 😉
For me personally nothing beats a salad for lunch in the summer because it’s cold and refreshing, light and doesn’t weigh you down but can also be very filling and satisfying!
Today I’m showing you a salad that not only has protein from the chickpeas and tahini but also some sweetness from the corn and a little bite from the raw onions in here! let’s chat about it…
Lettuce, yeah on it’s own it’s a little boring but when you add things like protein and fats you end up with a super filling and healthy plant based (nourishing) meal! 😉
So, for the main source of protein we used chickpeas (or garbanzo beans) like I mention in my eBook they are a great vegan source protein containing 6-8 grams per half cup!
Tahini is in the dressing and it’s our main fat source in this salad to help us feel satisfied and full. Tahini is also great t great source of magnesium, iron, potassium and B vitamins so even though it’s kind of an acquired taste getting used to it, it definitely has it’s benefits!
For a little bit of sweetness I used corn in here it’s really nice for breaking up the flavors and adding a pleasant flavor.
Mushrooms add vitamin and minerals and a little bit of a hearty texture to this salad!
Last but not least the Onions! I don’t know why but I have been obsessed with them lately, I put them on everything! Onions are really great for a lot of functions in your body but a couple in particular are, bone and connective tissue support, anti-inflammatory, and can even assist in protecting you from certain types of cancer! Obviously that’s not the only things they are good for but it’s a just a few to spark your interest and get you to start adding more to your daily meals!
OK! I really hope you enjoy this Easy Clean Chickpea Corn Salad and if you give it a try I would love to hear from you in the comments and ratings section below! also snap a pic and connect with me on social media! 😉
- Lettuce (I used a romaine cabbage mix)
- 1 cup Chickpeas (I used about half a can or pre cooked, drained + rinsed)
- ½ cup corn (fresh or frozen, can cook or leave raw)
- Onion sliced (I used about ⅓ cup of purple but you can use more or less if you desire)
- ½ cup mushrooms chopped
- ½ ripe avocado chopped up
- sauerkraut (for extra nutrition/probiotics- be sure it’s from the fridge section and not from a can, also ingredients should only be cabbage (or other veggie) water and salt, NO VINEGAR)
- 1 TBSP tahini
- 1 TBSP lemon juice
- 1-2 TBSP water (start with 1 and add more if desired a more runny consistency)
- ½ tsp chili powder
- pinch of onion powder and black paper
- Add lettuce to a large bowl. Add chickpeas, corn, chopped mushrooms and sliced onion on top.
- Mix dressing ingredients in a separate small bowl, (add water in LAST) drizzle over top of salad!