This Easy Spicy Quinoa Bowl is SUPER quick and easy to make, only 10 ingredients total and only takes 30 minutes or less to prepare. Vegan and Gluten Free.
I think you are going to LOVE this new Spicy Quinoa recipe! It is SPICY and SO easy you won’t believe how quick it is to prepare!
I eat Quinoa a lot because it’s just super easy to make, I mean check out all these Quinoa Recipes! 😉
Okay, sooo this is a SPICY one, I used jalapeños to infuse the quinoa and make this bowl spicy!
In the recipe notes I noted that you can use 1-3 jalapeños in this recipe because the term spicy is very different for everyone so it like comparing salsa mild-medium-hot is just like 1-2-or 3 jalapeños!
Also to give the quinoa even more flavor I cooked it in low sodium vegetable broth, I got mine from Trader Joe's but I’m sure you can get low sodium and different places as well, low sodium is not totally necessary but I don’t like all the extra un-necessary salt!
I can’t forget to talk about the dressing! Honestly it tastes great even without the dressing, it has plenty of flavor but I know we all love the little extra sauce 😉 so it’s a spicy veganaise based dressing that just brings this bowl over the top YUM!
quick facts about this Easy Spicy Quinoa Bowl:
it's only 10 ingredients!
super easy and fast to make! takes less than 30 minutes from start to finish!
super spicy + flavorful!
full of superfoods like quinoa and broccoli!
great for lunch or dinner!
and let me know what you think of the NEW photography style! I really love it! I hope you do too! 😉
Ok! I hope you give it a try and let me know what you think comment and rate it below!!! also take a pic and tag me on social media if you do, I would love to see it! Have a beautiful day friends!
I also did a VIDEO for you right below here so you can see exactly how to do this quinoa bowl! I’m really loving making videos, so you can expect to see a bunch more! 😉 And if you love this video be sure to hope over to YouTube and subscribe so you never miss any videos!
want to PIN this for later? click here
and don't forget to sign up for email updates (drop your email in the box below!)
Easy Spicy Quinoa Bowl
Easy Spicy Quinoa Bowl! 10 ingredients and super easy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: lunch/dinner
- 1 cup dry mixed color quinoa
- 2 cups low sodium vegetable broth
- 1-3 jalapeños (see notes)
- 1 cup corn (I used from a can)
- 1 ½ cups fresh broccoli chopped really small
- 2 TBSP veganaise
- ¼ tsp onion power
- ⅛ tsp cayenne powder
- Pinch of black pepper
- About 1 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon juice
- In a pot add your quinoa (quinoa should be rinsed and drained before cooking) and your jalapeño’s (sliced and de-seeded) and add the vegetable broth.
- Let that come to a boil and then cover and let continue cooking on low heat until most of the liquid is absorbed (about 15-20 minutes).
- While it is cooking chop your broccoli and make the dressing, for the dressing add everything into a bowl and stir it up!
- Once quinoa is almost done and 97% of the liquid is absorbed then add the corn and broccoli and continue to cook with lid on for another 5 minutes.
- Once done cooking remove the jalapeno pieces and scoop into a bowl and drizzle dressing over the top!
- Serves 2-4
My quinoa said to cook 1 cup dry quinoa to two cups liquid (vegetable broth in this case), read your package instructions and cook according to what your package says, using the veggie broth as the liquid.
I usually only use 1 jalapeno but depending on how spicy you like it you may want to add up to 3, I would say it’s a comparison to salsa (mild, medium and hot) if you use 1, 2 or 3 jalapeños.
easy + spicy + totallyyy YUM!