Grilled PB&J vegan - the grown up version of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! Super quick and easy!
Ok guys, if you've already been on this wagon of grilling your PB&J sammies then your awesome and I'm late to join the club!
BUT if you haven't then say hello to your new best friend! The good ol' peanut butter and jelly sandwich is made more grown up and tastes almost like a dessert! trust me on this you won't be sorry! 😉
this came to be because I lterally was craving PB&J ALLL weekend and I have no idea why and then... this popped into my head and I HAD to try it!
It's super easy and super fast, takes about 5 minutes from start to finish and you have a completely satisfying and still pretty healthy sandwich 😉
Literally you just make a PB&J and spread butter in both sides and put in a frying pan!
While its frying melt some extra PB and jelly in the microwave to drizzle over the top and grab yourself a plate and a fork! Yes I said fork, if your doing the drizzle this definitely is not a eat with your hands sammie!
I hope you guys love the twist in a childhood fav. And give it a try and let me know what ya think! 😉
Grilled PB&J Vegan
Grilled PB&J Vegan
- Prep Time: 2 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 7 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: sandwhich
- 2 slices of bread ( I used whole grain)
- 2 tbsp of peanut butter ( I used PB&Co brand but any natural PB will work)
- 2 tbsp jelly (I used grape flavor from Trader Joes)
- 2 tbsp vegan butter spread ( I used Earth Balance in the red tub)
- Spray a skillet pan with non-stick spray
- Make you PB&J sandwhiches like normal and put butter on one side, place butter side down in pan and spread butter on the other plain side!
- Let be on medium heat until golden brown then flip the sandwhich!
- Once both sides are golden plate and enjoy.
If you want to melt some PB and Jelly in the microwave that's what I did to drizzle over the top to make it extra tasty but it's completely optional!