These Healthy Black Bean Quinoa Burgers are super easy to make! They are made with quinoa, oats, onions mushrooms and black beans! Vegan and GF!
It’s almost July 4th and I think you need to make some healthy vegan burgers don’t you?!
I think you will love how easy and FAST these bad boys come together!
You may have already seen my black bean sweet potato burgers, curry burgers or my chili pineapple burgers but let me tell ya… these are SO much easier! I mean I thought those other burgers were easy but this healthy black bean one takes it to the next level of easy!
In these Healthy Black Bean Quinoa Burgers I obviously started with a base of cook quinoa and black beans, flavored with onions and mushrooms and seasoned with chili and onion powder! and oats are what was used to bind it together.
Let’s talk about how to put them all together. 😉
First thing is to cook the quinoa and let it cool, you can cook it the night before if you would like and just store it in the fridge, that’s what I usually do.
Next, put the oats in a food processor and pulse/blend until it is a chunky flour consistency and add that to a large bowl for mixing.
Then drain and rinse the black beans, add to the food processor and pulse until broken up and almost mushy but chunky looking, add that to the bowl.
Roughly chop and measure the mushrooms and onions and THEN place in the food processor and pulse, be sure to measure before putting in the food processor… add to the bowl!
Add in the quinoa and mix it up, using your hands is easiest. 😉
Using a non-stick pan or spray turn it on to medium heat and form 4 large burger patty’s, place in the skillet and let cool for about 5-10 minutes until it is golden brown and crispy, carefully flip and cook other side!
Serve these tasty, hearty, meaty black bean burgers on some buns (whatever kind you like) with some greens, pickles, and any other topping! (my Tahini Lime dressing is listed in the recipe)
These Healthy Black Bean Quinoa Burgers are:
packed with vitamins ‘+ minerals
great for meal prepping (freezing for later)
That’s it, it’s that EASY PEEZY! I hope you give them a try and let me know in the comments and ratings below what you thought! Also snap a pic and tag me on social media!
- 1 15oz. can of black beans (I used organic no salt added beans)
- ⅓ - ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- ¼ cup chopped onion (I used purple)
- ½ cup oats
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- Pinch salt + pepper
- ½ tsp chili powder (more if you would like)
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Tahini Lime Dressing:
- 2 TBSP natural runny Tahini
- 4 TBSP water
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- ½ tsp chili powder
- SERVE WITH:
- anything else!
- Make quinoa and let cool
- Put oats in food processor and pulse until textured flour is formed, add to large bowl for mixing.
- Drain + rinse black beans, pulse in food processor until broken up and mashed looking, add to bowl.
- Roughly chop and measure mushrooms and onion, place in food processor and pulse until tiny minced looking, add to bowl.
- Add quinoa to bowl.
- Add spices.
- Using spoon or hands mix the ingredients up really well and form large burger patty’s.
- Using a non-stick pan or sprayed pan, heat it to medium heat and place the burgers in the skillet. let cook until golden brown and crispy (5-10 minutes) and then carefully flip and cook other side!
- Serve with suggestions listed.
- Makes 4 large burgers!
- pre- cook and store in the freezer up to 3 months, re-heat in microwave.