Super easy Healthy Quinoa Salad ! Perfect for lunch or dinner takes about 20 minutes to prepare, less than 10 ingredients! and VEGAN!
Ok! So I know it's probably strange to have something this healthy on here at this time of year, but with all the desserts and parties it's nice to have some healthy options as well! (At least in my opinion) 😉
Anyway, this Healthy Quinoa Salad is so super simple! And the flavors are so out-of-this-world!
let's talk about the flavors for a second...
The nutty-ness from the quinoa pairs so well with the tangy taste of the oranges, I absolutely love those mini clementine oranges! and they are SO tasty when you toss them in a salad! the lime juice in the dressing gives it a little more sweet with a hint of tang flavor (depending on how much you add! I only used ½ but you can totally use the whole thing if you love it! ) the almonds give it a hearty crunch and the fresh-ness from the spinach and green onions mmmm it's like a happy mouth and a full tummy!
So when I say easy I literally mean EASY! Basically prepare your quinoa, chop up your spinach, oranges and almond and toss it all in a bowl! The dressing just gets mixed all together and poured on top! It's like 1-2-3 quinoa, chop, drizzle!
Trust me! When January comes you'll will be thanking me for giving some healthier ideas this time of year, so you won't be in the same boat as everyone else who hasn't seen a healthy food in the last 3-4 months 😉
plus this is SO perfect to pack as a lunch for work, I make bigger batches and they keep well in the fridge for up to 2 days after preparing it. I eat it cold but I'm sure warm is probably good too, I've never tasted warm clementines! 😉
Try it and take a pic! Tag me on TwoRaspberries and make sure to subscribe to emails so you get all this straight to you inbox asap! 😉 xo
Healthy Quinoa Salad
Healthy Quinoa Salad
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Grain Salad
- Spinach (about 3-4 cups) chopped
- Quinoa (1 cup dry) I used a mixed blend but plain is fine also
- Oranges (I used clementines)
- ⅓ cup almonds chopped or slivered almonds
- Scallion or green onions
- Dressing: (optional)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- Juice from ½ a lime
- Salt/Pepper to taste
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Prepare you Quinoa according to directions of your package (mine was 1 cup dry to 1 ½ cups boiling water and let simmer for 15 minutes)
- Rinse your spinach, chops it roughly and add to a bowl
- Once quinoa is done let it cool for 10 minutes and then add it to the spinach
- Chops your oranges and almonds and place in bowl and mix everything up
- prepare dressing, in a small bowl add all the ingredients to and stir really well, drizzle over the quinoa salad and serve!
- Optional: top with finely chopped green onions or scallions!
- Makes about 4 servings