Healthy Summer Toasted Quinoa Vegan -Gluten Free- Soy Free super healthy, packed full of flavor and fresh ingredients! perfect side dish or main meal! also Chard wrap option!
Ok, so I'll be honest I haven't really cooked with Quinoa much until NOW! I had only probably cooked it once before and it was years ago before I was really into eating healthier or knowing much about nutritious foods!
now I can say that this definitely won't be the last time I cook with Quinoa 😉 it might be a new addiction, everything that I used to cook with rice now I can cook with Quinoa! excitingggg! all kinds of new dinner going through my mind!
this Healthy Summer Toasted Quinoa was super DE-lish! and it made a perfect lunch!
after cooking the Quinoa I toasted it for about 10 minutes in a pan and added all kinds of other fresh flavors to it like...
tomatoes, cucumber , scallions (fresh from our garden!) , lemon juice and one of my favoritesss Avocado! (the beauty food) 😉
you could literally add any other veggies you want to this dish!
oh yeah, nutritional yeast! another NEW item in my cupboard! I sprinkled that on top and someone please correct me if I am wrong, but in a vegan diet it's the only natural source of vitamin b12 (at least that's what I have read online) so I was pretty excited about that because I'm not a fan of pills or supplementing! 😉
and it smells kinda like cheeze-it crackers!
... enough about the nutritional yeast! let's talk about these Chard wraps! I used this recipe and stuffed it into a Chard wrap! this is just an extra option because it is a little messy but it was definitely worth it, pack it in a lunch and you won't miss the sandwich! I promise you that!
ok I hope you try it and love it as much as I did! and I'm sure this won't be the last you see of this yummy versatile little grain called Quinoa!
Healthy Summer Toasted Quinoa Vegan -Gluten Free- Soy Free
Healthy Summer Toasted Quinoa
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- Category: main meal
- 1 cup dry Quinoa and 2 cups water (READ your Quinoa package and cook according to your brand)
- 6 stems of scallions
- ½ lime
- 1 medium tomato (small cherry tomatoes also work)
- cucumber (½ a large or 1 whole small cucumber)
- ½ avocado
- 1-2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- pepper (optional)
- first cook your Quinoa according to the instructions on your package
- while it's cooking prepare your other ingredients, chop your scallions, tomato, cucumber, and avocado.
- spray a large skillet with cooking spray, I used coconut oil spray.
- once Quinoa is done let it sit for about 5 minutes and then pour into your skillet on medium heat
- add you tomato, and cook for about 5 minutes then add your cucumber and pepper and ½ of your scallions and ½ of your lime juice
- turn heat off after about 10 minutes and add your avocado, nutritional yeast and the rest of your lime and scallions!
- mix well and serve!
your Quinoa should be fully cooked meaning it's not soggy or watery, there shouldn't be any wet at the ottom of the pan, if it's still mushy or wet it needs to cook longer!