Super Healthy Sweet Potato Quinoa Patty's with a make in advance and freeze option!
What says Friday more than a burger/patty?!
Two of my favorite carbs come together nicely here 😉 I will eat two of these bad boys! They make a perfect addition to a salad or a great main meal with some veggies on the side!
I had to make some of these and freeze them for July 4th! They are going to make the yummiest grilling food! (I don't grill, Nick does, I'm not ready to play with that thing... I'll stick to the kitchen lol)
What are you all doing for the 4th?!
We are watching some fireworks from our car with the pupperz, yes car because totally not into getting eaten by the Mosquitos! They are so bad this time of year, and it's actually really peaceful watching from the car! 😉 we are those super exciting people ...ya know lol
Anyways these patty's are anew obsession because of the whole easy freeze them thing, I love being healthy but I also love easy, so this lets me have the best of both worlds!
Try them and let me know what you think!
Have a great 4th everyone 😉
Healthy Sweet Potato Quinoa Patty's Vegan GF
Healthy Sweet Potato Quinoa Patty's
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 26 mins
- Total Time: 46 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Lunch/Dinner
- ½ cup of quinoa (with 1 cup of water was my directions but please follow directions on your bag of quinoa)
- ½ a small onion chopped tiny
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- A 10 oz. bag of frozen sweet potato chunks (I got mine from whole foods, makes this recipe SO much easier)
- Red bell pepper chopped tiny I have tried with and without this, I prefer without but Nick like it with the pepper! (it does add more flavor)
- Serve on lettuce
- Top with tomato, scallions, onion
- Pre-heat the oven at 375
- First make your quinoa per directions on your package
- While quinoa is cooking take your package of frozen sweet potatoes and pour into an pan with about ½ inch of water at the bottom, place lid/cover on pan...stir frequently on medium heat, once they become soft and mushy (mine were about 15 minutes) then turn the heat off and use a spoon to smash until smooth consistency
- In a large bowl add your quinoa and sweet potatoes and onion and seasonings
- Mix the mixture really well
- On a baking sheet either Greece with a teeny tiny bit of coconut oil or use coconut oil cooking spray, literally a tiny amount!
- Form burgers/patty's and place on baking sheet (I got 6 good sized party's) I like to add a little extra seasoning on top also before baking!
- Bake for 15 minutes and then use a spatula and flip them and bake for another 11 minutes
- Bake a total of 26 minutes
- Either serve soft OR I like to make them in advance and place them in the freezer and when I am ready to eat them I like to pan fry them because I like then crispy rather than soft!