These Healthy Valentines Truffles are guilt free and totally rich and indulgent with a tiny hint of strawberry flavor!
Heyyy friends! sooo spoiler alert: Fridays recipe is not a dessert SO that’s why I had to get an extra recipe out today with a VIDEO! (my goal this year is to start adding some videos so bare with me in having less content because I’m really liking doing the video thing it just takes a lot more time, if you haven’t subscribed to my YouTube yet please do so you don’t miss anything)
Anyways… today I am showing you something that is of course still healthy 😉 but it’s more of a dessert-y/indulgent recipe! I’m sure you have seen date balls/bites/truffles all over before so this is nothing new but it’s oh-so-delish!
Simple Clean Vegan Lifestyle Ebook! (mentioned in video)
These sweet medjool dates get all flavored up with cocoa (because-CHOCOLATE for V-day right) and then a hint of coconut and a hint of strawberry flavor!
Like I mentioned in the video if you want a stronger strawberry flavor you can feel free to add in a couple drops of strawberry extract but I personally like these truffles to be mostly earthy chocolate flavored with a tiny hint of strawberry.
So why am I calling these truffles you're probably wondering? … because my friends, the consistency of these is so close to the real thing, and by “real thing” I mean the kind made with actual chocolate and sugar and not healthy things! These truffles are soft and chewy and I might even say creamy?
I can’t describe it but it’s tasty like a dessert but still tastes clean... and healthy with out refined sugar! 😉
ok, I really hope you give these a try and let me know if you used 2 or 4 tablespoon of cocoa so I know how chocolat-y you like things! also let me know if you added the strawberry extract!
Healthy Valentines Truffles
Healthy Valentines Truffles Recipe Type : dessert Author: TwoRaspberries Prep time: 10 mins Cook time: 1 hour Total time: 1 hour 10 mins Serves: 6 These Healthy Valentines Truffles are guilty free and totally rich and indulgent with a tiny hint of strawberry flavor!
- 8-9 pitted medjool dates (if dry soak in water first to plump up)
- ¾ up freeze dried strawberries (I get mine from Whole Foods)
- 2-4 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder (or cacao or carob)
- 1 TBSP unsweetened shredded coconut
- couple drops of strawberry extract if desired (optional)
- Extra: COCOA, COCONUT, AND STRAWBERRIES SMASHED FOR ROLLING.
- pit the dates first and then add everything into a food processor and process until if forms a clump on the side of the food processor.
- lightly dip finger in water to avoid sticking as much as possible.
- form balls and roll them in the coatings (cocoa, coconut, smashed freeze dried strawberries)
- place in freezer for 1 hour and then store in the fridge.
- makes 6-8 balls.