This Homemade Caramel Sauce is so easy and tastes amazing! great for topping on brownies, cookies, pies, and ice cream! only 5 ingredients!
This sauce is wayyy better than the store bought caramel! you would be amazed at how simple it is to make your own caramel at home without all the added preservatives and ingredients!
OK in ALL HONESTY... this stuff almost killed me! (yes totally exaggerating) but really I had no idea how hot it gets when you add the butter to the caramelized sugar... OMG people PLEASE be sure you are using a stirring utensil with a long handle!
so this is how it went down, me and Nick were making this together (Thank goodness otherwise it woulda probably all went into the garbage!)
I was stirring the sugar that was caramelizing and went to add the butter and WHOA! so hot I freaked omg omg omg grab this and stir! (he does some welding at work so he is used to super freaking hot things) and NO I was not being a drama queen it was HOT!
now that you have heard my "story of how this stuff terrified me" ...onto the recipe.
it was totally worth the fright cause this stuff tastes so amazing and it's true what they say that homemade stuff just tastes better cause lemme tell you, this stuff is fresh! so far we have put it on brownies and ice cream 😉
its super easy only 5 ingrdients!
try it and let me know what ya think!
Homemade Caramel Sauce
Homemade Caramel Sauce
- Prep Time: 3 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 18 mins
- Category: Homemade Caramel Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 TBSP brown sugar
- 5 TBSP melted butter
- ½ cup of Almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- In a saucepan on high heat add sugar and brown sugar and stir until it turns to liquid (approx 5 minutes)
- Add the melted butter and never stop stirring! If u stop it will turn hard and chunky (don't worry if it gets a couple chunks keep stirring it will liquefy) (WARNING: at this step it will get extremely hot so be sure to be stirring with something that has a long handle)
- Add almond milk and vanilla and stir for about 3-5 minutes until smooth and liquid.
- Transfer to a heat safe jar like a mason jar and let sit for about 1 hr.
- Store in the fridge up to 1 week, if it gets thick just throw in microwave for 10 seconds!