this Loaded Vegan Sub Sandwich is SUPER EASY and the perfect lunch to pack for work or school!
This Loaded Vegan Sub Sandwich is my new FAVORITE sandwich! seriously it has so much flavor and it's so quick and easy to make!
There's only 8 ingredients in here and it tastes like there's 18!
the avocado spread gives it a wam-bam burst of flavor! some of you may know but I absolutely LOVE avocado's and this is definitely my new favorites way to eat them! I mixed it with a little lemon juice and onion and it makes the tastiest+HEALTHY spread ever!
I have even used it on just a plain slice of toast! 😉 yeah you kinda NEED to try it!
anyways this Loaded Vegan Sub Sandwich is SO simple you basically just layer your ingredients (feel free to add whatever else you want)
I did grill the bread to give a little more flavor to it as well as a little crispy-ness on the inside!
this Sub is great to pack for a healthy to-go meal, it's very filling and I know not everyone is cool with eating left-overs but if it's just you and you want to make the whole thing and keep the other half for the next day, that's TOTALLY ok! I have tried it and the lime juice in the avocado kept it nice and green it didn't get gross or brown looking! and everything still tasted full of flavor!
I kept it in a Tupperware container in the fridge over night 😉
let me know if you like it and tag me on IG if you try it! @TwoRaspberries #TwoRaspberries
and please sign up for email updates, so you can get new recipes sent right to you inbox!!! 😉
Loaded Vegan Sub Sandwich
Loaded Vegan Sub Sandwich
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 3 1x
- Category: Sandwich
- ½ loaf of bread (I used about 12 inches of sesame seed but if you use a smaller sub size then you may need more than 12 inches!)
- 1-2 tablespoon vegan butter ( I used Earth Balance in the red tub)
- ⅛ of an onion (I used the white one but whatever you like works)
- 1 whole soft ripe avocado
- ½ of juice from a lime
- 1 small/medium tomato
- 4-6 sliced of cucumber
- lettuce of choice (I used spring mix)
- and green onions to sprinkles on top
- salt and pepper
- slice your loaf length wise and open it up, butter the inside and place on a skillet and fry it until golden brown
- prepare you spread! in a bowl chop and smash your avocado, then add the lime juice, and finely chop your onion and mix it all together! add salt/pepper to taste
- spread it on the sub/loaf and then slice your tomato and cucumber and place on there as well.
- add your green onions (optional) scallions work as well! a little more salt/pepper over the top if you would like, and then add your lettuce !
- *makes 2 large sandwiches or 3 smaller sized sandwiches!