You will love this Mediterranean Orzo Salad because it is Fresh and Filling, Super Quick and Easy to make, tastes great warm and cold, great for packing in lunches!
So it's the middle of the week and your already tired and ready for some take-out... WELL skip the take-out and whip together this pasta salad for a healthy dinner and save the left-overs for lunch tomorrow!
Pack this in a travel container or in a mason jar and bring it to school or work!
Pasta dishes are such a staple food for me I'm not even joking you I probably eat pasta 3-4 times per week!
this Mediterranean Orzo Salad is so light and refreshing with 2 options for dressing's depending on what taste you like!
I don't know about you all but I'm already ready for the weekend! althoughhh that means we are even closer to cooler weather which I am not a fan of... why can't summer just stay all year round?
BUT it's state fair season and we are planning on going this weekend 😉 that means it's the 1 time of year that I eat total pure junk food, like deep fried pickles and cheese curds! I knowww I'm asking for a belly ach right? but hold on, I don't plan on getting a belly ach I'm only gonna have 1-2 bites of everything (no face stuffing till I can't walk is gonna happen...I promise lol)
NOW on to the Mediterranean Orzo Salad! forget the junk food! this will make you feel full, satisfied, and light. the fresh ingredients are what gives this pasta salad clean tasting good-ness (the tomato's, green onions, and onions came from our garden... not the peas though cause ours are sorta gone, and by gone I mean they all died up I guess your suppsed to plant 2 rounds of those things... )
This recipe contains:
tomato's for sweetness
onions and green onions for flavor
spinach for strong muscles and bones like popeye 😉
snow peas for some crunch!
if you are like me and want your food to be quick and easy especially on weeknights then I hope you will give this recipe a try! you will love it! ... that is, IF you like pasta... ? how could anyone not love pasta? ... (you could make this with brown rice pasta also if you are gluten free)
try it 😉 love it! comment!!!
Mediterranean Orzo Salad
Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 30 mins
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Mediterranean Orzo Salad
- 4 oz. Orzo Pasta
- 2 cups of Spinach
- 17-20 Cherry Tomato's (regular tomato's work also)
- 1 small Onion
- 10 large Snow Peas (chopped)
- 6-9 pieces of Green Onions or scallions
- optional: Black Olives
- Dressing Option 1:
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- salt/pepper to taste
- Dressing Option 2:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 squeezed lemon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- salt /pepper to taste
- in a large pan fill it ¾ with water and bring it to a boil
- Add you Orzo and cook for 7-10 minutes depending on your brand
- next wash and clean your snow peas, spinach, green onions, and tomato's
- spray a med/lg frying pan with non-stick cooking spray... chop your onions first and add it to the frying pan on low/med heat...
- next chop you snow peas and add them to the pan.
- once your onions and snow peas are almost cooked add your tomato's and spinach and only cook for 2-3 minutes.
- drain water from your Orzo and transfer into a serving bowl
- add you vegetable mixture into the bowl and mix until everything is well incorporated
- pick your dressing of the two options listed above and add it to the mixture