No Bake Chocolate Peanut Date Bars are super easy to make, only 4 ingredients and taste like a snickers. Vegan and gluten free!
I’m coming at ya’ strong this Friday with the easiest no bake bar ever and guess what… it tastes like a snickers! SRSLY I think it taste better than a snickers actually and it only has 4 ingredients!
Ok, let’s be real for a second… it’s been a realllly really long time since I ate an actual snickers bar but somehow the taste is still hard wired into my mind! Do you relate to this at all???
But it being October and all I still want a treat too but of course without the icky feeling after so I decided to make these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Date Bars!
It’s very similar to my 3 Ingredient no bake vegan brownies but even BETTER! In fact go check out that post because it has a how-to video, it’s the same basic process, keep in mind it’s not this recipe in the video, but it’s the same process with 1 extra step for these! 😉
So, I know if you were going to actually re-make homemade snickers there would be a lot more steps to it than these bars I am showing you here, but I decided to simplify and cut out some steps! HA! Why does everyone need to complicate life so much, isn’t it already complicated sometimes?! … I mean some of the recipes I see are like 15 or more ingredients and a million different steps! I get tired just looking at the recipe! Do you agree?
But not these bars, they are totally eazy peezy and do not lack in flavor at all!!! I pinky promise! 😉
Please say you will try them?! Pretty pretty please with a cherry on top…errr chocolate on top! 😉
A few things about these No Bake Chocolate Peanut Date Bars:
They only have 4 ingredients!
Super easy plus fast to make
Pretty dang healthy
Tastes like a snickers
Crunchy chocolate topping with a gooey sticky chocolate peanut bottom!
Try em’ – snap a pic- tag me on social media- leave a comment and a rating below! Thanks so much I appreciate you all! 😉
And if you want to check out more No-Bake goodies you can see them all here!
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Date Bars
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Date Bars! no baking required, only 4 ingredients and super simple!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 9 1x
- Category: snack/dessert
- 1 ½ cups pitted medjool dates (about 15-18 dates)
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup peanuts (I used dry roasted)
- Optional: ½ cup melted vegan chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life brand)
- In a food processor add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips.
- Process until it turns into a stick clumpy ball (about 5 minutes, see notes*)
- Once done, line a 4X6 dish with parchment paper and dump the mixture in there, flatten it down with your hands and to smooth the top over you can place another piece of parchment paper over the top and run your hands over it until it feels smooth.
- There is two different options for the melted chocolate over the top, first you can just melt it in the microwave and pour it evenly over the top, place it in the freezer for 30 minutes and store them in the fridge. Option number two, freeze the bars for 30 minutes, remove them and pull up on the parchment paper, slice the bars into square and hand dip the top of each one in melted chocolate and then place in the freezer for 5 minutes and then store them in the fridge. The only benefit of option number two is that the chocolate stays smooth and it doesn’t crack when you cut into it, both tastes the same 😉 just depends on how much you care about the look of each one!
When processing the mixture, it will first turn into a dry loose mixture, then it will turn into a sticky clumpy mixture, you want to KEEP GOING until it starts to turn into a big clump that generally starts to form on one side of the food processor and that’s when you will know it’s ready!
This takes time, keep processing for at least 5 minutes before deciding if it’s too dry, if you conclude it’s too dry add a couple more dates but only do this if you are 100 percent sure because too many dates will result in a oily feeling bar.
healthy ANDDDD indulgent! what could be better?!