These Vegan Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies are sweet and salty, crispy on the outside and melt in your mouth! Vegan, gluten free and refined sugar free option.
It’s Friday and it’s time for some cookies! Are you with me???
And yes, I kind of have a cookie obsession, it’s basically my choice of dessert, cookies or my chocolate PB cups that Nick and I have almost every night!!! 😉
So in this cookie peanut butter meets its sibling, dry roasted peanuts!
If you thought a peanut butter cookie is just a peanut butter cookie and that’s all… then you haven’t tried this one yet!
When you take a peanut butter cookie and you add dry roasted peanuts to it, it takes on a whole new flavor! It’s a roasted, salty flavor and in my opinion totally different than just a peanut butter flavor!
Random thought… try all different kinds of peanuts in this recipe, I mean they have like a million different flavors now! What do you think???
Anyways, if you love peanut butter and you love cookies then I reallllyyyyy want you to try these!!! 😉
These would be a perfect cookie exchange cookie or bring to a family thang' cause it's that time of year when everyone is bringing goodies to their family and friends! I’m tellin’ ya’, they will love you forever if you bring them these peanut chunk cookies!
Ok let’s talk about the peanut butter for a second!
I have tried this with PB&Co. "white chocolate wonderful" AND Trader Joe’s all natural creamy peanut butter (ingredients just peanuts) and they both work. The PB&Co. is more sweet and softer in texture with a crispy outside and the Trader Joe’s one is more firm and has a bit of a crunch to it. Both are delicious but if you want to keep this refined sugar free then you need to go with the natural peanut butter!
A few more things about these Vegan Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies, they are:
EASY as pie to make...(except easier cause pie isn’t that easy)
Only 7 ingredients
Crispy outside and melts in your mouth inside!
Naturally sweetened (depending on your peanut butter of choice)
If you try these comment and rate it below! I really appreciate it! Also take a pic and tag me on social media 😉 I love seeing what your pictures! 😉
Peanut Butter Chunk cookies
These Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies are sweet and salty, crispy on the outside and melt in your mouth!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Dessert/Cookie
- 1 flax egg (see notes)
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter (see notes)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 4 TBSP tapioca flour (also works with Bob's Red Mill all purpose baking flour in the red package)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ⅓ cup chopped peanuts (I used dry roasted ones)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- Make the flax egg in a small bowl first and set it aside to thicken and get gel like.
- In a large bowl, add the peanut butter (at room temp, not melted just creamy) and then proceed to add the maple syrup, vanilla, flour, baking soda and the flax egg last because it should be thickened by this time.
- Mix everything until it forms a batter. Then mix in the chopped peanuts (reserving some for the top)
- Roll them into golf ball sized balls and place them on the lined baking sheet, using your hands push them flat, then top them each with the chopped peanuts!
- Once the oven is pre-heated, place them in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven and let them sit for at least 15-20 minutes to set, otherwise they will just fall apart!
- Makes about 10-12 large cookies.
- Store in a sealed container for 2-3 days.
1 flax egg = 1 tablespoon flax seeds ground up into a flax meal (this will make about 1 ½ tablespoon flax meal) -mixed with 3 tablespoon water and let sit a few minutes until it becomes a gel consistency!
*if you are using flax meal that is already ground up then you need 1 ½ tablespoon flax meal with 3 tablespoon water
PEANUT BUTTER- I have tried this recipe with PB&Co. white chocolate wonderful peanut butter AND Trader Joe's all natural peanut butter (only ingredients are peanuts) and both turned out great! The all natural peanut butter from Trader Joe's had slightly more of a hard crispy texture though, but still delicious!
With the all natural peanut butter (ingredients just peanuts), be sure to stir it up and put it in the fridge so it can get more firm and not so runny before using it!
crispy mouth full of peanut buttah!