These homemade Pumpkin Bean Burgers are vegan, gluten free, slightly spicy, protein packed, healthy, and super easy to make!
FAVORITE right now! Seriously I love burgers ESPECIALLY ones that you can make a bunch of and freeze cause’ I’m all about that meal preppin’ and having easy things to make super fast!
RECIPE RUNDOWN on these Pumpkin Bean Burgers:
Flavor- delicious! mild tasting from the beans and pumpkin with a spicy after bite kick from the cayenne or chili powder, and ever more spice if you add the optional peppers.
Texture- thick and hearty from the beans and oat flour, with the perfect amount of crisp outside from pan frying and firm texture from baking.
Ease of making- could not be any more simple! Literally just mashing and mixing everything in a bowl and forming some burgers, fry em’ up and give them a quick baking!
Ease of clean up- very little clean up!
TIPS for making: don’t skip the pan frying first step to these burgers, if you skip that step they won’t be as crisp and firm as a burger should be if you only bake them… they’ll end up more a like patty rather than a burger.
Customization: Add any other vegetables into this mixture you like, peppers, corn,
Additional notes: These are great for those who like to meal prep or just have healthy options pre-made without fuss, because these burger freeze really well and re-heat or thaw out great!
More Recipes like this:
- Pumpkin Lentil Soup (to use up the rest of that pumpkin)
- Healthy Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
- Easy Healthy Pumpkin Hummus
Pumpkin Bean Burgers
These homemade Pumpkin Bean Burgers only require 1 pot, they’re vegan, gluten free, slightly spicy, protein packed, healthy, and super easy to make!
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: burgers
- Method: stove top/oven
1 15 0z. can Cannellini beans // drain, rinse, pat dry
½ cup pumpkin puree // plain NOT pie filling
¼ finely chopped onion
¾ cup finely shopped mushrooms // whichever is your favorite
½ cup flour // I used oats processed into flour
¼ rolled oats left whole
Pinch salt and pepper
½ tsp each: onion powder, garlic powder, cayenne OR chili powder
Chopped peppers if desired for added spicy-ness // optional
½ ripe avocado // mashed
1 TBSP vegan mayonnaise // I use Follow your Heart brand
1 TBSP fresh squeezed lemon juice
Pinch salt and pepper
Vegan cheese if desired
Pre-heat the oven to 400˚ F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl add the beans and mash until 90% of the lumps are gone, add in the pumpkin, chopped mushroom and onion and stir until well combined.
- Process the oats into flour and add that to the bowl with the spices and stir until well combined.
- Wheat a skillet and spray with non-stick spray, form burgers and pan fry on medium-high heat about 3-5 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Transfer to lined baking sheet and bake 15 minutes on each side (so a total of 30 minutes)
- While baking, add the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and mash until well combined and creamy.
Best when eaten fresh but can store in the freezer for up to 1-2 months and re-heat in the oven or microwave.
Keywords: veggie burgers, vegan burgers, vegan, gluten free, easy, bean burgers, pumpkin, healthy, lunch, dinner, meal prep