These homemade Pumpkin Bean Burgers are vegan, gluten free, slightly spicy, protein packed, healthy, and super easy to make!
FAVORITE right now! Seriously I love burgers ESPECIALLY ones that you can make a bunch of and freeze cause’ I’m all about that meal preppin’ and having easy things to make super fast!
RECIPE RUNDOWN on these Pumpkin Bean Burgers:
Flavor- delicious! mild tasting from the beans and pumpkin with a spicy after bite kick from the cayenne or chili powder, and ever more spice if you add the optional peppers.
Texture- thick and hearty from the beans and oat flour, with the perfect amount of crisp outside from pan frying and firm texture from baking.
Ease of making- could not be any more simple! Literally just mashing and mixing everything in a bowl and forming some burgers, fry em’ up and give them a quick baking!
Ease of clean up- very little clean up!
TIPS for making: don’t skip the pan frying first step to these burgers, if you skip that step they won’t be as crisp and firm as a burger should be if you only bake them… they’ll end up more a like patty rather than a burger.
Customization: Add any other vegetables into this mixture you like, peppers, corn,
Additional notes: These are great for those who like to meal prep or just have healthy options pre-made without fuss, because these burger freeze really well and re-heat or thaw out great!
More Recipes like this:
- Pumpkin Lentil Soup (to use up the rest of that pumpkin)
- Healthy Black Bean Quinoa Burgers
- Easy Healthy Pumpkin Hummus
Pumpkin Bean Burgers
- 1 15 ounce can cannellini beans drain, rinse, pat dry
- ½ cup pumpkin puree plain NOT pie filling
- ¼ finely chopped onion
- ¾ cup finely chopped mushrooms whichever is your favorite
- ½ cup flour I used oats processed into flour
- ¼ rolled oats left whole
- 1 Pinch salt and pepper
- ½ teaspoon each: onion powder garlic powder, cayenne OR chili powder
- Chopped peppers if desired for added spicy-ness optional
- ½ ripe avocado mashed
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise I use Follow Your Heart brand
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- Pinch salt and pepper
- Burger buns
- Vegan cheese if desired
- Pre-heat the oven to 400˚ F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a bowl add the beans and mash until 90% of the lumps are gone, add in the pumpkin, chopped mushroom and onion and stir until well combined.
- Process the oats into flour and add that to the bowl with the spices and stir until well combined.
- Wheat a skillet and spray with non-stick spray, form burgers and pan fry on medium-high heat about 3-5 minutes each side until golden brown.
- Transfer to lined baking sheet and bake 15 minutes on each side (so a total of 30 minutes)
- While baking, add the dressing ingredients into a small bowl and mash until well combined and creamy.