This recipe is Gluten Free and Vegan!
It is extremely moist and dense and totally delicious! you will love how all the spices in this muffin just bring a huge smile to your face 😉
Hey everyone! I hope you all had a beautiful weekend 😉 here in MN is was actually super nice and warm during the day but it got quick chilly at night... here comes Fall!
So this isn't your average muffin... it's really dense and moist and super filling and totally satisfying!
I guess you could maybe even call this a "cake muffin" I wouldn't usually make a muffin so moist and dense in the middle but this little muffin can totally pull it off!
The moist dense texture comes from the pumpkin, pumpkins are actually 90 percent water did ya know that? that's why it works so well as an egg re-placer in a recipe! and the spices I just can't get enough! actually the whole family loved these and I can promise you, they won't last very long in your house!
These lil guys are Gluten Free and Vegan which makes them so very healthy (think breakfast for the next week... if they last that long 😉 )
fun little fact: the pecans I used for this recipe came from Arkansas, fresh and hand picked and de-shelled (is that what it's called? ) from Nicks family down south! 😉
anyways, these Pumpkin Pecan Spice Muffins are super quick and easy to make and if ya feel like your craving a bit of chocolate, feel free to throw some chocolate chips in there!
try this and let me know what ya thought!
dont forget to follow us on:
and sign up for our email updates (link in the sidebar)
Pumpkin Pecan Spice Muffin GF-Vegan
Pumpkin Pecan Spice Muffin
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 18 mins
- Total Time: 33 mins
- Yield: 12 1x
- Category: Muffin
- 1 and ¾ cups oat flour
- ¾ cup of sugar
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 and ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Nutmeg
- 1 and ½ teaspoon All Spice
- ½ tsp clove
- 1 can of plain 100% pure pumpkin 15 oz
- ⅓ cup of almond milk
- ½ cup of canola oil
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup of finely chopped pecans
- butter topping:
- ⅓ cup of melted vegan butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tablespoon brown sugar
- pre-heat your oven on 400 degrees
- in a large mixing bowl add you dry ingredients (oat flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, all spice, cloves) and stir
- next add you wet ingrdients (pumpkin, almond milk, canola oil, olive oil) mix well
- stir in you finely chopped pecans
- using a muffin pan either place muffin liners in or spray with non-stick cooking spray if you opt for no muffin liners
- fill each muffin a little bit over ¾ full
- place in the oven
- when the muffin are almost done start to make you butter topping:
- in a bowl melt your butter and then add you cinnamon and brown sugar and stir
- right when the muffin come out of the oven take a tooth pick and poke a couple holes inthe top and using a spoon pour the butter topping over each muffin and allow to sit and soak in for at least 1 hr
you will cook these muffins on 400 for the first 5 minutes to get a crunchier top and then turn it down to 375 and bake for another 18-20 minutes until you stick a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean!
also you can buy your oat flour or you can make your own by using a food processor and using old fashions whole rolled oats (measure your flour after processing)