Chips and Salsa addict right here! anyone with me on this?! ...
SO first of all I hope everyone had a great Halloween weekend! my niece and nephew stopped by Halloween night and they were SO cute, my nephew was dressed as Optimus Prime and my niece was a cute lil fairy 😉
on to the recipe...
I know I have told you all before how much I LOVE salsa... this will be the last version of it until next summer because we have now used up everything from the garden and have about 5 jars canned to get us through the winter... HA yeah right, they won't last through the winter but atleast we have some saved right! 😉
this version is a MILD-SPICY version with an extra option to bring out even a little more heat! if your like ma man Nick you'll want that option but if your like me... skip the option.
I don't know about you all but I'm the type of person who likes to have tastes buds left to actually taste my salsa 😉 I guess some people have stronger taste buds than others ?!
anyways... this recipe is super simple it's mostly food processing, straining and the stirring! I mean you can't get much easier than that!
plus it's going to taste wayyy better than what you buy at the store pre-done, I promise!
I like to eat it with chips but I also LOVE to put it on wraps with vegan cheese and rice OR I will also mix it in with pasta! pretty much I'll put salsa on anything... except desserts because that would just be weird... 😉
alright go try this recipe and let me know what ya'll think of it!
Hope everyone enjoys this addictive snacking spicy salsa!
and have a beautiful day!
don’t forget to follow us on:
and sign up for our email updates (link in the sidebar)
Spicy Garden Salsa
Spicy Garden Salsa
- Prep Time: 30 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 30 mins
- Category: Salsa
- 5 cups of cherry or grape tomatoes or mixture of both
- 2 onions (I used white)
- 6-7 cloves of garlic
- juice of 2 limes
- 5 sweet yummy peppers (I used Orange)
- 2 Anaheim peppers
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 can of corn (including the water from the can)
- 1 can of rinsed black beans
- 4 TBSP sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- in a food processor add your tomatoes and pulse until broken up but NOT pureed and then strain and rinse the liquid and seeds out ...add to Large pan
- finely chop the onions and the garlic and put them in a small bowl with the lime juice and leave marinating for about 15-20 minutes and then strain the juice out
- while that's marinating, roughly chop all the peppers and add to food processor and pulse until finely chopped but NOT pureed and add to the pan of tomatoes
- then add corn WITH the liquid from the can and the black beans rinsed
- add the strained onion and garlic to the pan
- add sugar and salt/pepper to taste
- let simmer frequently stirring for about 60 minutes until most of the liquid is absorbed
- transfer to mason jars or other sealed glass jars
Makes about 3 mason jars full!
this recipe is already a mild spicy version but for a little extra heat you can roast the peppers first and then peal the skin off before adding to food processor!