Alrighty! I’m a big stir fry fan… stir fries are easy and allow you to be creative and switch things up based on people tastes. Think, you gotta a picky family when it comes to veggies? Swap these veggies for whatever your family likes!
So, this recipe though… it’s just in one word delicious or two or three words delicious sweet and totally yummy!
We were super hungry one night and still needed to go grocery shopping (like seriously that’s how we come up with a bunch of recipes… grocery shopping while we are just too hungry and craving everything!) any way, we were just looking in the isles and came across a box of rice noodles (brand: Annie Chun’s) we thought back and fourth because we have never cooked rice noodles before… we thought ok lets go back and gets some veggies and sauce and just mix it all up and see how it turns out! WELL it turned out really yummy! Like we have made it multiple times since because it was easy and yummy our two favorite things!
But I gotta be honest like I said in the directions rice noodles need attention when cooking them, they are very easy to over-cook… the first time I made them they turned into overcooked mush! So like the directions in the recipe says: taste at regular intervals to make sure they aren’t getting overcooked. You almost want them to be al dente because once you add them to the veggies they will cook a little bit more!
Moving on, try this recipe and let me know what your guys think… if you swap out these veggies for other ones share in the comments below what you swapped them for I would love to hear how it turned out!Print
Teriyaki Veggie Rice Noodle Stir Fry
Teriyaki Veggie Rice Noodle Stir Fry - delicious sweet and totally yummy!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
- Total Time: 1 hour 20 mins
- Category: Stir Fry
- 4 oz Rice noodles
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 orange bell pepper
- ½ a head of cabbage
- ½ of an onion
- ½ small bag of pre shredded carrots
- ¼ cup of Teriyaki sauce (or more if desired)
- ⅛ cup of Olive Oil to drizzle over rice noodles
- Get a large frying pan and spray with non-stick cooking spray, Slice the red and orange peppers into long slices and add them to the pan. Slice the ½ onion into long slices as well and add those and the pre-sliced carrots to the pan. Slice the head of cabbage in half and chop into long slices as well and add to pan. (if the cabbage has dirt on it or you just fell like it needs to be rinsed you can put in a strainer and run water over it but make sure it’s well dried before adding to pan, you can pat with paper towels to help dry it off) Leave on low heat.
- After the veggies are in the pan add your rice noodles to a pan of boiling water and cook for 5-8 minutes (each box of rice noodles is a different cook time so check the back of your box) be sure not to overcook them because you don’t want soggy noodles so set a timer and taste them at intervals to make sure they aren’t getting over cooked! Rice noodles are very easy to overcook so pay attention to them!
- Once the rice noodles are done strain and rinse them under cold water, and then add a drizzle of olive oil over the noodles and the veggies and mix.
- Add the rice noodles to the pan of vegetables and add ¼ cup of the Teriyaki sauce (or more adjust to your taste) to the pan and mix, I like using cooking tongs to mix it seems to work better than a spoon or other utensil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Let simmer on medium heat for about 5 minutes and then serve and enjoy
You can add other vegetables or swap these vegetables for other ones that you like but just keep in mind you might need to adjust the olive oil and teriyaki sauce as well to make up for the differences if you add more vegetables or take any out. ***BIG NOTE: this recipe is only Gluten Free if you use a GF Treiyaki sauce!