MOVE OVER GRILLED CHEESE! this Veggie Sandwich is about to rock your world!!!
ya'll are goinggg tooo loooveee thissss!!! (I was kinda singing that in my head while typing it hahaha)
but really this is the best alternative to a grilled cheese... it's wayyy healthier and packed full of good-for-you nutrients! BUT if you really want a grill cheese try my Vegan Grilled Cheese that will knock your socks off too!
anyways back to this Veggie Sandwich... it's got buttery bread (fried in a pan just like a grilled cheese) and then I spread avocado on it and topped it with sauteed spinach, tomato, and mushrooms)
a lil tip on the avocado though... BE PATIENT with it, I am the worst I repeat the WORST at waiting for the avocado to be fully ripe! ... If I'm eating it plain it doesn't really matter but when I go to spread it on something like bread... it just points out to myself how impatient I can be sometimes... (if it's not ripe enough, it won't spread on the bread very easy like butter)
it will still taste amazing but you might smash a whole in your bread while trying to spread it... ok so another tip, if it's not ripe and your impatient like me... slice it and put it on the bread instead! 😉 works just as good and tastes just as good... 😉
so go on, try this and feel great about eating something so healthy that tastes amazing!!!
have a beautiful weekend everyone!
don’t forget to follow us on:
and sign up for our email updates (link in the sidebar)
Veggie Sandwich Vegan
Veggie Sandwich Vegan
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 10 mins
- Yield: 1
- - 2 slices of whole grain bread (or GF bread your choice)
- - ½ tablespoon of Vegan Butter spread (I use earth balance vegan GF soy free kind)
- - ¼ of and avocado
- - ½ cup of spinach
- - 1-2 slices of tomato
- -⅓ - ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- spray a small pan with non-stick cooking spray
- butter 1 side of each piece of bread and place it in the pan buttered side down and let cook ntil golden brown
- remove and place them on a plate, spread your avocado on 1 slice of the bread.
- placed your chopped mushrooms and spinach and tomato slice in the pan, lightly salt and pepper it all
- the spinach will be done first so when it's done remove it and place on the sandwhich on top of the avocado you spread on there
- flip your tomato slice half way through and your mushrooms stir around
- remove tomatoes and place on sandwich and then top it with the mushrooms and little more salt and pepper if you would like!
slice your tomato very thick so it doesn't turn into a mushy mess when you saute it!