These homemade Apple Cider Muffins are super easy and yum! Soft and moist inside with a sweet glaze on the top! Vegan and flavorful.
WARNING: this is the first of 3 Apple cider recipes, I got a jug of apple cider and was so obsessed with the smell of it and how nicely it baked into desserts I might have gotten carried away… I had to stop myself at 3 because I could have seriously kept going… (eye roll at myself there) lol
I love a good muffin recipe! One of the most popular recipes on the blog is a muffin recipe (Amazing Vegan Blueberry Muffins) …readers love that recipe so I decided to add to the muffin collection! I mean I’ll admit muffins are the first to go when I bake because Nick definitely prefers a muffin over a cookie… me on the other have I’ll take the cookie, but I’m not knocking these muffins by any means at all! They're incredible and make me feel all the feels of the fall and apple picking and memories from when I was younger!
Anyways, let’s get to the facts about these Apple Cider Muffins Shall we?
RECIPE RUNDOWN Apple Cider Muffins:
Flavor- The flavor is amazing! apples, cinnamon and sugar bring out the most elegant fall flavors in these Apple Cider Muffins.
Texture- Muffin texture is super soft, airy, light, moist and yummy chunks of apples through out!
Ease of making- Super easy to make, only requires 1 bowl, spoon, knife and a muffin pan.
Ease of clean up- Not much cleaning if you use muffin liners!
TIPS for making: Don’t skip the glaze! Lol it’s too yummy… the glaze just takes it to a whole new level.
Customization: I really don’t recommend much for customization on this muffin recipe.
Additional notes: Please don’t try to remove them from the pan until they are 100% cooled off, they need to finish setting and cooking in the muffin pan.
More Recipes like this:
- Apple Cider Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Buns
- Apple Spice Rolls
- Chocolate Chunk Pumpkin Spice Muffins
- Apple Cider Donuts
- Amazing Vegan Blueberry Muffins
Apple Cider Muffins
- ¼ cup vegan butter I use Earth Balance in the red tub
- ⅓ cup unsweetened natural apple sauce
- ½ cup vegan cane sugar
- ½ cup plus 2 tablespoon apple cider
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup apple washed, peeled and chopped tiny
- 1 ½ cup all purpose unbleached flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoon apple cider
- Sprinkle of sugar on top for decoration if desired
- Pre-heat the oven to 375˚F
- In a large mixing bowl add the butter and melt in the microwave, add the rest of the wet ingredients and mix. (leave out the chopped apples, fold them in last)
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix.
- Pour into 7-9 muffin cups (if not using livers be sure to spray the pan)
- Bake for 23 minutes, make glaze white it’s baking by just mixing the ingredients in a small bowl, LET COOL completely before trying to remove them, at least 30 minutes.