this Healthy Pear Almond Salad is so fresh and has an oil free dressing free option! the pear and almonds give a sweet-ness and crunch, everything you need in a salad!
this is SO un-related to this Healthy Pear Almond Salad but do any of you have dogs that WILL NOT go out in the rain?
it's raining pretty steady here and it's already the afternoon and my pups won't go out to pee! they refuse! they stand there and look at me like? yo mom, you crazy if you think I'm goin out there! 😉
seriously not to sound even more CRAZY but I even picked them up and went out there holding an umbrella over them!!! I know insane right? turns out, the umbrella FREAKED them out! they ran in so fast! 😉 LOL
I guess they are just gonna hold their pee... (they havn't went out since last night!)
anyways on to this salad! I LOVE salads in the summer! this Healthy Pear Almond Salad has an option for two different dressing options one is lemon and one is and oil option... I personally prefer the lemon option because I am not a huge fan of dressing and the extra fat it adds to such clean and healthy salads (with the exception of some pretty awesome avocado ones I see people make, that's on my to-try list) but... with that being said I also know I'm kinda weird and most people would die without dressing! 😉 so that's why I included 2 options here!
the pear in this salad adds a really nice sweet flavor especially if your pear is ripe! I believe the riper they are the more sweet-ness they have. Anyone know if that's true or not? it really does taste like it so that's what i decided to believe 😉 The almonds give a really nice crunch and a source of good fat's to this salad! and the green onions/scallions (from our garden by the way! 😉 pictures will be coming soon! ) give a nice POP of un-expected flavor!
this salad is definitely one of my favorites right now !
I hope you try this salad and love it as much as I did!
***ARE WE FRIENDS YET?!
and sign up for our email updates (link in the sidebar)
you may also like:
Healthy Pear Almond Salad
Healthy Pear Almond Salad
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
- Category: Salad
- 2 cups of lettuce (I used romain but whatever you have on hand will work)
- 1 small pear chopped into tiny chunks
- ¼ cup almonds chopped up
- green onions/scallions to sprinkle on top
- optional dressings:
- squeeze ¼- ½ of a lemon on top for a simple and really tasty CLEAN dressing (my preference)
- option 2:
- combine 2 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ lemon squeezed into olive oil
- pinch of salt and pepper
- first start by washing your lettuce if it is not pre-washed
- in a large bowl combing your lettuce, pear, almonds and green onions/scallions
- option 1 for dressing:
- squeeze the lemon juice on top the salad (my reference light and clean)
- option 2 for dressing:
- for the dressing combine 2 tablespoon olive oil with ¼ of a lemon squeezed in the mixture, a pinch of salt and pepper