Broccoli Lemon Garlic Pasta is FULL of healthy, fresh flavor! It is quick and easy to make plus it’s vegan with a gluten free option!
The middle of the week always calls for something flavorful but also quick and easy to make! Actually, that’s every day isn’t it? Well this pasta dish has both! I think you are really going to like the warm garlic flavor mixed with the fresh lemon flavor!
I don’t use garlic all that often but since it’s October and all, I figured it couldn’t hurt right?! Ha! 😉
True fact: I really DO love October, although my heart will always belong to summer because I LOVE the heat. October just has a smell and a look to it that I just love, the oranges, red and yellow colors, the fresh smells everywhere I just love love love it! How about you??? What’s your favorite time of the year?
Ok let’s get back on topic of this pasta now! I used regular pasta for this but you can totally swap it for a gluten free variety if you would like… only suggestion with that is to make sure you wash the pasta once it is done cooking because 9 out of 10 of the GF varieties I have tried leave a slimy texture on the noodles so just wash em’ off! K? thanks 😉
Broccoli, I like tiny tiny chunks in my pasta but if you prefer bigger broccoli chunks that’s fine too. Also you can add the broccoli raw into the pasta if you prefer, but I like to cook them I’m not much of raw broccoli fan. Same goes for the spinach raw would be fine if you like that, but again I like to soften my spinach up a bit when it’s going in my pasta.
Lemon juice! I added 3 TBSP, if you really love lemon you could omit the olive oil for extra lemon juice BUT if you do that you may want to add an extra clove of garlic otherwise the garlic flavor may get lost in the amount of lemon. It’s just an option if you want to cut some of the fat out. I mean there will still be some fat (like a tiny bit) from the sauteed garlic but just sayin’ it’s an option to lighten it up a bit because I know some people don’t love that much fat.
One last thing, the nuts sprinkled over the top, it’s optional but I do highly recommend it because the extra nutty flavor along with crunch adds a whole lotta YUM to this pasta dish! 😉
A few more things about this Broccoli Lemon Garlic Pasta:
Quick and easy
Warm and comforting
Perfect lunch or dinner
A nice crunch and nutty flavor from the nuts sprinkled over the top
Try it- snap a pic- tag me on social media- leave a comment and a rating! Thanks so much friends I really super dooper appreciate it!!!
Broccoli Lemon Garlic Pasta
Broccoli Lemon Garlic Pasta, fresh and packed full of flavors!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 3-4 1x
- Category: Pasta/Lunch/Dinner
- 8 oz. penne pasta (or GF variety)
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic (chopped as tiny as possibly)
- 2 TBSP vegan butter or olive oil
- 2-3 cups of broccoli chopped small
- 2-3 cup spinach loosely packed in measuring cup
- 2-4 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lemon slice
- Chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans or pine nuts)
- First start by bringing a pot of water to a boil for the pasta and getting out a large stove top skillet pan.
- While waiting for the water to boil start chopping the garlic tiny and adding it to the skillet with the 2 tablespoon of butter but don’t turn it on yet! Start to wash and chop the broccoli tiny.
- Once the water is boiling add the pasta to the water and cook according to directions on the box, when the pasta is half ways done turn the heat on high for the garlic and butter and bring it to a simmer (about 2 minutes) then add the broccoli to the skillet and cook until the broccoli is soft or to your liking.
- Drain the pasta, add the 1 tablespoon olive oil to prevent the pasta from sticking together and set aside to cool for a couple minutes.
- Add the spinach to the skillet for about 1 minute to allow it to get soft, add the pasta to the skillet and give it all a stir!
- Add the lemon juice, salt and pepper. If it looks to dry you can add another tablespoon of olive oil.
- Makes about 3-4 servings
The reason I say 2-3 cups for spinach and broccoli is because it’s a personal preference of how much veggies you like added in your pasta, same goes for the garlic and lemon juice, some people like a stronger garlic and lemon taste and some like it more subtle…
I personally used 2 ½ cups of broccoli and spinach and 3 tablespoon lemon juice and 2 cloves of garlic.
simple + packed with fresh flavors!