Mushroom Spinach Pasta Bowl with juicy tomatoes and a low fat plus easy spicy cauliflower sauce. It’s vegan and has a Gluten Free option!
What could possibly make a mushroom spinach pasta dinner even better??? A spicy and creamy plus SUPER DOOPER easy AND low fat cauliflower sauce to put on top of it!
That’s what we are going to make today and I think you are going to LOVE how easy this sauce is to make, you may even find yourself making it for other pasta dishes as well!
It’s that time of year when things are crazy, kids just went back to school recently and parents are trying to find fast and easy dinner options that are healthy as well as easy to make and packed full of flavor!
I’ve totally got ya’ covered! Pretty much everyone loves pasta… right? I mean how could you not it’s like one of my top 10 favorites in this world of food! Don’t you agree???
Cauliflower sauce! It is so versatile it’s going to be your new best friend; you could really put it on any pasta dish that needs a little creamy love! After you try it, you probably will!!! BONUS! It’s pretty dang HEALTHY too because it’s basically a sauce made of cauliflower and seasoned up for taste!
Now I’m going to assume you know how to cook some pasta and lightly sauté up some veggies so I am going to skip right to explaining the sauce… I hope that’s cool with you?! 😉
So basically you just steam some cauliflower and onion in a pot with a splash of water and a lid, you can add other veggies in there too if you would like. (that will affect the taste obviously, but you can feel free to experiment after you have made it this way the first time would be my suggestion)
Once it’s soft/cooked you dump it into a blender with some seasoning and dairy free milk and blend until smooth and tasty! You can taste it along the way and add more spices if you would like until you get a flavor you like!
If you love this cauliflower sauce you can check out my other recipe that’s super similar to this one but has more of a cheesy sort of flavor, Vegan Veggie Spaghetti Sauce!
also check out my other Healthy Mushroom Spinach Pasta recipe if you want more simple ideas! 😉
A few more things about this Mushroom Spinach Pasta Bowl, it’s:
Healthy and packed with veggies!
GF option by switching the pasta to a GF variety!
Snap a pic if ya’ make it and tag me on social media I love seeing what you make! Also leave a comment and rating below its super helpful!!!
I hope you give this a try and let me know what you think!
Leave a comment and a rating if you do try this!
Also take a pic and tag us on social media!
want to PIN this for later? click here
and don't forget to sign up for email updates (drop your email in the box below!)
Subscribe to Email Updates!
Mushroom Spinach Pasta Bowl
Healthy Mushroom Spinach Pasta with a spicy creamy cauliflower sauce!
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 50 mins
- Yield: 2-4
- Category: Dinner/Pasta
- - 8 oz. of pasta, GF if necessary, I used bow-ties / farfalle.
- - 2 cups chopped mushrooms
- - 4-5 cups loosely packed spinach
- - Cherry tomatoes sliced in half (I used about 30 yellow ones)
- SPICY CAULIFLOWER SAUCE:
- - ½ a head of cauliflower (about 3-4 cups chopped)
- - ½ a chopped white onion
- - 2 oz. water
- - 1 teaspoon nutritional yeast
- - 1 ½ teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- - ¼ teaspoon paprika powder
- - ½ teaspoon onion powder
- - ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- - Pinch of black pepper to taste
- - 1 cup Almond milk (I use SILK vanilla unsweetened)
- Start by chopping and rinsing the cauliflower and bringing a pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- In one pan add the chopped cauliflower along with the chopped onion and 2 oz. of water, cover it and cook on medium heat for 20 minutes.
- Once the other pot of water is boiling add the pasta to cook.
- Begin chopping the mushrooms and tomatoes and set them aside for now while the pasta is cooking.
- Once the pasta is done cooking drain it and add it to a large bowl, get a skillet and lightly cook the mushrooms, spinach and tomatoes just until warm about 5 minutes.
- Once the cauliflower and onion is done steaming, add it to the blender along with the rest of the sauce ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the past and mix it up, add the sautéed mushroom, spinach and tomato to the bowl and gently toss it together.
- Serves about 2-4 people
perfect dinner! 😉