This homemade Pumpkin Lentil Soup is easy and super hearty packed with carrots, potatoes and full of fresh flavors! Vegan and gluten free.
Ya’ll this soup is super yum and so easy! You know I love a good recipe that’s no fuss and has simple clean ingredients that you probably already have most of in your kitchen. I know I haven’t been doing much “food” recipes lately and I’m super sorry for that, it’s been hard to get in any kind of actual cooking recently with life ya know… lots of changes and adjustments with Nick’s job and just haven’t had a lot of daylight time to cook a recipe and picture it right away… the baking is super easy because I can bake at night and picture in the mornings.
Anyways, sorry for the lack of fresh clean food recipes, I’m trying to get more of those out to ya’ I have a few more already planned and they’ll be popping up between all the sweets. Thanks to each and everyone of you for your support I truly appreciate every single one of you!
Nowww on to the recipe:
RECIPE RUNDOWN on this Pumpkin Lentil Soup:
Flavor- yummy and perfect for those who love a good vegetable soup but like it to be a little more filling with some lentils.
Texture- lots of texture, firm lentils give a filling hearty texture while the potatoes and carrots give it a homemade stew type of texture.
Ease of making- simple! Chop and drop right into the pot.
Ease of clean up- couldn't be any easier, 1 pot clean up!
TIPS for making: This recipe is actually quite simple, the only tip I would say is just watch to see when it’s 75% done so you can add in those lentils at the end!
Customization: Switch up the veggies, add peppers, add beans, broccoli literally anything you think would be good just chop and drop them right into the pot!
Additional notes: It’s a simple soup so add in other veggies you have on hand! You can also meal prep and put portions in a freezer safe container and freeze for 1-2 months, to re-heat simply microwave (if in a microwave safe container) or put in the fridge overnight or countertop for a few hours and re-heat on the stove.
More Recipes like this:
- Black Bean Quinoa Soup
- Superfood Quinoa Bowl
- Detox Quinoa Bowl
- 5 Ingredient Superfood Blueberry Breakfast Bowl
- Lentil Salad
Pumpkin Lentil Soup
- ¾ cup sprouted lentils I use Tru Roots brand
- ½ cup pumpkin puree plain! NOT pie filling
- 3 cups low sodium or no salt vegetable broth
- 2-3 cups water depending on desired consistency and you can always add more later
- 1 large carrot washed, peeled, chopped
- ¾ cup green beans
- 2 medium yellow potatoes washed and chopped
- ½ cup chopped onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon each onion and garlic powder
- Mashed avocado
- Parsley leaves
- Vegan sour cream optional
- Vegan shredded cheese optional
- In a large pot add all the ingredients and boil until 75% done (about 26 minutes) carrots and potatoes should be slightly firm when you poke them with a fork.
- Add lentils at this point and reduce to medium heat and continue boiling for 5 minutes and then place a lid on the pot and turn heat off, let sit for another 10 minutes until done.