These 5 Ingredient Garlic Onion Black Bean Burgers are SO easy to make, paired with a tahini lime sauce, healthy, VEGAN and GF!
I know I have already done Jalapeño Black Bean Burgers and Chickpea Burgers and a handful of other burgers but I hadddd to add one more, this one is a flavorful mild more universal burger! (meaning these flavors everyone will love!)
I think you are really going to like the caramelized onion and garlic flavors in these bean burgers and how EASY they are to make! I mean only 5 ingredients my friends!
(and before anyone says what the heck?! the BURGER is 5 ingredients… what ever you decide to serve the burger with is extra’s 😉 )
Ok, so if you have seen my other black bean burgers already you already get the whole assembly process for these style burger so today I think we’ll talk about a few of the highlights of these ingredients.
Black Beans– protein, fiber (good for digestion), antioxidants, micronutrients, folate, magnesium, flavonoids, phytochemical and SO much more!
Onions– can help to increase bone density, anti-inflammatory, has been shown to lower the risk of several cancers, and more!
Garlic– rich in phosphorus, calcium, iron, and trace minerals such as chlorine, sulfur, and iodine. Also helps to fight heart ailments, cold and cough, lowers blood pressure and more!
Quinoa-high in anti-inflammatory phytonutrients, a complete protein (meaning it contains all 8 of the essential amino acids) high in fiber, antioxidants and more!
Oats– has proven ability to curb bad LDL cholesterol, antioxidants that can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and much more!
Tahini– rich in minerals such as phosphorus, magnesium, potassium and iron! good source of methionine which aids in liver detoxification. Help promote healthy skin and muscle tone. One of the best sources of calcium and high in vitamin E, and vitamins B1, B2, B3, B5 and B15! and much more!
NOW! if that isn’ enough of a reason to make these superfood packed 5 Ingredient Garlic Onion Black Bean Burgers then I don’t know what is…besides that it’s such minimal ingredients, super easy and SO TASTY! 😉
Ok ok ok … like usual let me know if you make these burgers and leave a comment and rating below as well as snap a pic and tag me on social media! I hope you love em’!
- FOR THE BURGERS:
- 1 15oz. can of black beans (I used organic no salt added beans)
- ¼ cup chopped + caramelized onion (I used purple)
- ½ cup oats
- ¾ cup cooked quinoa
- 1 clove garlic
- Pinch salt + pepper optional
- OPTIONAL EXTRAS:
- Tahini Lime Dressing:
- 2 TBSP natural runny Tahini
- 4 TBSP water
- 1 TBSP lime juice
- SERVE WITH:
- anything else!
- Make quinoa and let cool
- Put oats in food processor and pulse until textured flour is formed, add to large bowl for mixing.
- Drain + rinse black beans, pulse in food processor until broken up and mashed looking, add to bowl.
- Roughly chop and measure onion, place in food processor with the garlic and pulse until tiny minced looking, add to skillet for 5 min to caramelize and then add to the bowl.
- Add quinoa to bowl.
- Using spoon or hands mix the ingredients up really well and form large burger patty’s.
- Using a non-stick pan or sprayed pan, heat it to medium heat and place the burgers in the skillet. let cook until golden brown and crispy (5-10 minutes) and then carefully flip and cook other side!
- Serve with suggestions listed.
- Makes 4 large burgers!
- pre- cook and store in the freezer up to 3 months, re-heat in microwave.