These Healthy Blueberry Pancakes are super easy to make, packed with fresh blueberries! Super soft and light textured, refined sugar free, vegan and GF.
Perfect Sunday morning breakfast am I right?! … or should I say Monday night dinner? Either way, whatever time you like your breakfast these blueberry pancakes are going to knock yo’ socks off! 😉
Modified from my Healthy Blueberry Muffins recipe, these Healthy Blueberry Pancakes have 10 super simple ingredients and are super easy to make.
OK! so I would like to share a little pancake cooking tip for anyone who always has bad luck flipping them!
Pour the batter on to the pan, let it cook fully on one side before flipping, you will know its ready to flip when the top starts to have little bubbles and the edges start to look cooked! Carefully slide the spatula under the pancakes and if you waited long enough there shouldn’t be any messy flipping or falling apart pancakes, it should flip over easily! If you have any other tips feel free to leave them in the comments below! 😉
For the Blueberries, I recommend using fresh ones, frozen generally gives off too much liquid when they get thawed out and this may possibly make a big mess as the liquid melts and comes off of them.
You could also swap the blueberries for any kind of berry you like... maybe some raspberries? 😉 If you don't know much about berries and why you should be eating them daily (in my opinion) then you should totally go check out this article that highlights the benefits of these all natural plant based superfoods!
Flour- make sure you get the Bob’s Red Mill in the RED package (not the light blue package) they both say all purpose baking flour but the blue package says 1:1 baking flour and it’s a rice blend, that is NOT what you want! you want the RED package that is a garbanzo/fava bean flour mixture.
I think you are really going to like these Healthy Blueberry Pancakes because they are:
Soft + light + moist
Vegan, GF, soy free, refined sugar free
Antioxidant packed with fresh blueberries
if you try these please leave me a comment and rating below I really appreciate it! also snap a pic and tag me on social media I love connecting with you all!
Healthy Blueberry Pancakes
These Healthy Blueberry Pancakes are super easy to make, packed with fresh blueberries! Super soft and light textured, refined sugar free, vegan and gluten free.
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Pancakes
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 1 ⅓ cups Bob’s Red Mill all purpose baking flour (in the RED package)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup fresh blueberries + more for topping if desired
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 ½ TBSP melted coconut oil
- 3 TBSP cup plain unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ plus 2 tablespoon cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I use SILK brand)
- ¼ tsp apple cider vinegar
- get a skillet and spray it with non-stick spray, wash of blueberries.
- mix almond milk and apple cider vinegar in a small bowl first and set aside.
- add all dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, except blueberries.
- measure out all wet ingredients, make sure to melt coconut oil if it’s not already in liquid form.
- add all wet ingredients to the dry mixture and mix really well, fold in blueberries.
- turn skillet on medium heat and pour batter into pan, I only did two large pancakes at a time and I used about ¼ cup per pancakes.
- Wait until it start to bubble on top before you flip the pancake over.
- makes about 6 pancakes