These Healthy East Energy Balls are vegan and gluten free! Made with super healthy ingredients plus they are quick and easy to make. Great for when hungry strikes and you need a quick pick me up!
So funny story how these came to be...
We had no power! Yep no power... That meant I couldn't use the stove, oven, microwave nothing! And I didn't want to keep opening and shutting the fridge because I wasn't sure how long it would be before the power would turn back on!
AND I was hungry for food and something sweet 😉 SO a big bowl and some tasty + healthy ingredients and this is what you get!
These are the best little bites for a quick pick me up in between meals but also when you're craving something sweet! They tastes like dessert but they're actually relatively healthy! No not like eating an apple or banana healthy but come on, we are human and sometimes that just isn't going to do the job!
These Healthy Easy Energy Balls are:
Super quick and easy
Perfect 2-3 bite sized
Has PB + chocolate
Gives you energy
Great when your crunched for time but need to satisfy your hunger and sweet tooth!
want to PIN this for later? click here
and don't forget to sign up for email updates (drop your email in the box below!)
I no longer suggest putting Chia seeds in this recipe, it still works perfectly without them! The reason for this is because upon research I found out that Chia seeds are best when eaten soaked! if eaten raw (un-soaked) they can actually soak up liquid in your stomach and make you dehydrated! small quantities like this are fine and not harmful but for best digestion and health soaked is best! read more about it here in my post 12 reasons to eat chia seeds!Print
Healthy Easy Energy Balls
These Healthy East Energy Balls are vegan and gluten free! Made with super healthy ingredients and quick and easy to make. Great for when hungry strikes and you need a quick pick me up!
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 30 mins
- Total Time: 35 mins
- Yield: 16 1x
- Wet Ingredients:
- 3 TBPS coconut oil (soft but not melted)
- ⅔ cup PB (your favorite natural kind make sure to read the ingredients)
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Dry Ingredients:
- 2 ½ cup rice crisp cereal (I used brown rice crisp and cocoa rice crisp cereal you can use both or just one flavor it won't make a difference in texture, just taste but both are good!)
- 1 cup rolled oats (I used whole rolled oats but if you want to pulse them in a food processor to break them up just a little first you can, but it's optional)
- ⅔ cup vegan chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (use chopped peanuts or dried fruit instead, see NOTE above recipe)
- Add all your dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl, stir the mixture up.
- Add all wet ingredients and you can use a spoon to stir or your hands, I use my hands!
- Line a baking sheet with tin foil, parchment paper or wax paper.
- Start to form your balls *reads notes about forming balls*
- Place in fridge for 30 minutes to set and then enjoy!
- Makes about 16 large balls
- Store in fridge*
Notes: be patient when making these, they are very sticky and when forming balls grab a large handful and squeeze tightly to get it to stick together! Otherwise if you don't squeeze hard enough you won't ever get a ball shape it will stay stuck to your hands!
disclaimer: some links on this page may be affiliate links