Easy Healthy Chocolate Chia Superfood Breakfast! Prepare the night before and just add toppings in the morning! Vegan + Gluten Free
You know I love everything that's easy! And this is not only easy but super fast too! It's like a healthy pudding!
So why chia seeds you might ask? ... Well they are kind of considered a superfood!
They contain fiber, protein, healthy omega 3 fats, calcium, manganese, magnesium, phosphorus, and a small amount of zinc, B3 (niacin), potassium, B1, and B2 !
If that's not a big enough reason then I'm not sure what is! Texture of pudding that has vitamins! Sign me up!
(Info above from here)
also check out my post "12 Reasons to eat Chia Seeds"
I really do have a new obsession with Chia seeds because even when I wasn't vegan I still never ate fish! NEVER! and that's kind of the most common way to your omega's...
so you going to see me use these more often! 😉
plus besides being really healthy, they actually taste pretty good, I mean I'm probably one of the strange ones that think that, but when they soak they develop this gelly pudding like consistency which I love!
anyways...here's the 411 on this Chocolate Chia Superfood Breakfast:
Quick and easy
Chocolate for breakfast
Earthy clean taste (see notes how to sweeten it up)
Chia seeds are superfoods (see above for health benefits)
Texture like pudding
Prepare in advance
I really hope you give it a try and let me know what you think! AND tell me what's your favorite way to eat Chia seeds!!!???
Don't forget to take a picture and show me on IG! @TwoRaspberries #TwoRaspberries and sign up for emails updates so you don't miss anything! XXX
Chocolate Chia Superfood Breakfast
Easy Healthy Chocolate Chia Superfood Breakfast! Prepare the night before and just add toppings in the morning! Vegan + GF
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Total Time: 5 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk (I use SILK brand)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 7 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (I used unsweetened)
- Optional: -2 drops of liquid stevia
- Coconut flakes (un-sweetened)
- More cocoa powder
- Could also melt PB to drizzle over the top!!!
- In a container (I just used Tupperware) add your ingredients in the order listed above, mix really well, it might take a little bit to get it all combined and mixed good but keep stirring until it looks like it's evenly mixed!
- Place in fridge for at least 6 hours (I leave it overnight) if you can stir it once after 1-2 hours that's the best but if not don't worry it will still be great just a little extra stirring in the morning!
- Serve in a bowl with additional toppings
- 1 large breakfast or two smaller but still filling servings!
Notes: I use un-sweetened almond milk but if your not used to a clean earthy flavor then you may need to use sweetened vanilla almond milk.
Also if your use to eating really sweet things you may want to add another tablespoon of maple syrup and definitely add the liquid stevia!
The cocoa powder is another option, I use un-sweetened as I want this to be really healthy, but if your not looking for this to be super clean and healthy please use sweetened cocoa powder.