These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars are so easy to make, healthy, moist and cake-y! perfect healthy dessert. Vegan and gluten free.
Meet the tastiest vegan and GF pumpkin bar you will find this season!
I know I don’t do very many pumpkin things or holiday recipes but honestly guys… not very many people care for “healthy” recipes this time of year… but with that being said, I am very grateful for those of you on my email list that really do appreciate healthy alternatives, you rock and I don’t say it often enough! … I am grateful for each and every one of you readers!!! 😉
Ok, let’s talk about these moist cake like Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars!
They are super easy to make and they are fairly healthy, I know everyone has different opinions on “healthy” so that’s why I say fairly healthy lol…
For the flour in here, I do not suggest substituting it for anything else! I used Bob’s Red Mill all purpose gluten free flour blend, the garbanzo favor bean blend in the RED pkg. NOT the blue package that says 1:1 baking flour because that is a rice flour blend… I know I have said this before with other baked goods but for anyone new I must always repeat myself! 😉
The pumpkin: I used canned plain pumpkin puree NOT pie filling, be sure to read the ingredients, it should say “pumpkin” nothin else!
Chocolate Chips: I used Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips, you can sub for carob chips or grain sweetened ones if you don’t like the small amount of caffein in chocolate but keep in mind that it will alter the flavor as these chocolate chips add sweetness to these Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars.
These Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars are definitely best when eaten the first day, but if you store them in a sealed container you can keep them for about 2 days, if you don’t put them in a sealed container they will be dry the next day so be sure you don’t skip that! 😉
I really hope you give these a try and let me know what you think! (comment/rate/snap a pic and take me on social media)
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- 1½ cup GF all purpose flour (I use Bob’s Red Mill GF AP blend in the RED pkg.)
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp all spice (1/2 tsp of each spice if strong flavor is desired)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- 2-3 TBSP vegan chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- ¾ cup pumpkin puree (plain not pie filling)
- ½ tsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP melted coconut oil
- Pre heat the oven to 360° F and line an 8x8 baking sin with parchment paper.
- Add all the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl except the chocolate chips.
- Melt the coconut oil, and add the oil plus the rest of the wet ingredients into the bowl and mix everything together.
- Stir in the chocolate chips (reserve some ti sprinkle on top)
- Bake for 24 minutes. Test with a tooth pick (poking it in the center) and make sure it comes out clean and it’s done!
- Let cool at least 20 minutes, store leftovers in a sealed container up to 2 days
- makes 9 bars