These Banana Bread Breakfast Muffins are super healthy! Made with Oats and sweetened with maple syrup and chocolate chips! Vegan and Gluten Free!
This muffin will change your life! It’s like eating a bowl of healthy fiber filled oatmeal but in an easy on-the-go muffin form! They are super moist and I think you are going to LOVE them! 😉
Ok, so if you are someone who is always in a hurry in the morning before school or work or wherever you are going then these will definitely make those crazy mornings so much easier without the sugar over load crash that you get from the muffin you buy at the coffee shop!
YEP you heard me you can eat these and feel good about it and not weighed down.
These Banana Bread Breakfast Muffins are naturally sweetened with pure maple syrup and vegan chocolate chips, yes the vegan chocolate chips do have a little bit of cane sugar in them so if that bothers you, you can leave them out and just have Banana Muffins but there really isn’t that many in here so it’s your call! 😉
These are also great to pack in kids’ lunch boxes for snack time (do they even have that in school anymore? or am I totally aging my self here???) lol… or if you have picky kids that don’t like to eat breakfast, trust me they will eat these!
What else is in these Banana Bread Breakfast Muffins?!
Oats – obviously 😉 … oats contain fiber which is great for heart health and digestion, they are known for helping to lower cholesterol, they have also been noted to help stabilize blood sugar! Literally friends, oats are amazing these are just a couple of the health benefits but there is SO much more! I suggest reading more on my favorite resource WHFoods.com
Cinnamon – antioxidants such as polyphenols, vitamins and minerals, anti-inflammatory properties, helps to reduce cholesterol and high blood pressure, fights diabetes, keeps your brain healthy, can help protect again cancers by protecting against DNA damage, great for skin because it has natural anti-microbial and anti-biotic properties! and SO much more!
Bananas – contains fiber and is easy to digest, naturally sweet (should be eaten when ripe and spotty), loads of vitamins and minerals, low glycemic carbohydrates!
That’s pretty much all I have to say about these Banana Bread Breakfast Muffins! I really hope you give them a try and let me know what you think (comment and rate in the comments) also snap a pic and tag me on social media if ya make em’ 😉
disclaimer: I am not a doctor or health professional, this is based on my own research online, do your own research and make your own best judgement!
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- ½ cup oats (processed into flour)
- ½ cup plus 2 TBSP whole oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- 2 TBSP vegan chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- ½ cup mashed ripe banana (mash the banana and then measure it)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup
- Pre-heat the oven to 360° F and spray a muffins tin (3-4 holes) with non- stick spray.
- Add ½ cup oats to a food processor and pulse until broken up and forms a chunky flour consistency.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients except the chocolate chips and mix it up.
- Mash + measure the ripe spotty banana and measure it out, add banana and the rest of the wet ingredients into the bowl with dry ingredients and mix well.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Scoop into 3-4 muffins holes and place in the oven to bake for 12 minutes.
- let cool 10 minutes and serve immediately or store in a sealed container for 1-2 days
- makes 3-4 muffins