Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies are super filling, easy to make, tastes just like banana bread and only requires 7 ingredients. Vegan and Gluten Free.
I’m and coming to you in this last week of December with a healthy banana bread cookie! YES it really does taste like banana bread in the shape of a cookie. 😉
I know we just did banana muffins last week… and that’s what put me on a banana baking kick! I hope you don’t mind 😉
SPOILER: I’m not officially announcing my ebook release until Jan. 1st but that banner below…yeah scroll down just a little… 😉 it takes you to my ebook which is officially live and if you just can’t wait for your news years healthy eating to start then hope over and check it out! this cookie recipe is actually one of the recipes featured in the ebook as well as a bunch more that will never be published on the blog! … k now that I spilled that little secret… back to the recipe! …WAIT one more thing if you haven’t dowloaded my TWO FREE eBooks then click here to go do that ASAP!… ok nowwww moving on 😉 …
SO! Have you been thinking about how many cookies you ate over this holiday season? Maybe you want to pull back a little and find healthier options? I got ya’ covered! And even better you don’t even need to sacrifice the taste, winning at snack-y breakfast food right now!
I think you will love how simple these are to make, and the ooey gooey, soft + moist, thick and dense texture of these banana cookies will knock your socks off! 😉
Here is how we make em’ …. First start by making the oat flour, you simply add the oats into a food processor (I use a mini one) and pulse until the they get broken up and turn into a flour. You do not need to worry about it being completely perfect and smooth because you will be adding full unprocessed oat into the cookie as well so a little bit of texture won’t even be noticeable!
Add all the dry ingredients into the bowl and then start mashin’ the bananas!!! 😉 PLEASE make sure you measure the mashed bananas otherwise you could end up with a mess of a cookie since bananas come in many different sizes.
Another thing about the bananas, make sure they are spotty and ripe! They should mash really easily.
Then you literally just add everything into 1 big bowl and mix it up. I used a spoon to scoop out the cookie mixture onto the baking sheet because this dough is very sticky, then I just used the back of the spoon to flatten and shape the cookie.
I decided to make smaller cookies but if you like big breakfast cookies/snack cookies then feel free to make them bigger. (not too huge or it won’t cook, this recipe got me 6 small cookies so I would say don’t make them any bigger than getting 4 cookies out of this mixture)
TIP: make these in small batches and store them in a sealed container for now more than 2 days TOPS! Banana cookies don’t stay as fresh as the average cookie does that’s why I like to make them in smaller batches.
These Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies are:
Tastes just like banana bread 😉
Only requires 7 simple ingredients
Refined sugar free if you don’t add the chocolate chips
Soft + moist + ooey gooey DELISH!
if you want to see more breakfast cookies you can check them all out under the “Breakfast Cookies” tab on the menu! 😉
I really hope you give these a try and let me know what you think with a comment and rating below! Also snap a pic and tag me on social media I love seeing what you make! Thanks bunches friends! 😉
Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Breakfast Cookies! ooey gooey and moist + tastes just like banana bread!
- DRY INGREDIENTS:
- ½ cup oats (processed into flour)
- ½ cup oats (left whole)
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1-2 TB SP mini vegan chocolate chips optional (I use Enjoy Life brand)
- WET INGREDIENTS:
- ½ cup mashed bananas (about 1-2 ripe bananas)
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 2 TBSP pure maple syrup
- Pre heat the oven at 360 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add ½ cup oats to a food processor and process until it looks like flour, it doesn’t neet to be perfect a little texture is fine.
- In a large bowl add the flour as well as the rest of the dry ingredients (except the chocolate chips) and mix.
- In a separate small bowl mash your bananas and measure it out to ½ cup.
- Add mashed bananas and the rest of the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and mix everything until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the mixture into blobs on the lined cookie sheet and use the back of the spoon to shape a round cookie, repeat until the mixture is all gone.
- Place in the oven for 12 minutes and then let cool completely on the pan. (about 10-15 minutes)
- Store in a sealed container for 1-2 days.
soft + moist + completely delicious AND healthy! 😉
check these out too!