This Vegan Gluten Free Cookie Dough is a cookie dough fanatic’s dream come true! Only has 7 simple ingredients! Super quick and easy to make.
Friends! I love cookie dough!!! We ALL love cookie dough right? But when it’s made a bit healthier without the quilt of eating it, it’s EVEN BETTER! Right?! 😉 I knew you would agree!
Some of you may have already seen my other cookie dough but it wasn’t gluten free so I just HAD to make a Vegan AND Gluten Free Cookie Dough! Plus this cookie dough is much healthier than the other one; it has far less refined sugar because I replaced some of it with maple syrup, a much healthier natural sweetener.
I know cookie dough isn’t anything new in the blog-o-sphere but everyone has their own way of making it. Plus I don’t know about you, but I am reallyyy NOT a fan of the chickpea ones, that just doesn’t work for my taste! No offense to anyone who likes it of course, just not my taste. 😉
Okay! So a few things to know about this Vegan Gluten Free Cookie Dough…
Butter! I like Earth Balance in the red tub, some recipes sub coconut oil for this and you can do that too but I prefer the butter flavor in my cookie dough, it’s what really gives it a cookie dough “Cookie” taste!
The flour, I used GF flour from Bob’s Red Mill the 1 for 1 baking flour which is mostly rice flour so of course this cookie dough will have a slightly different texture than traditional cookie dough like this but those of you who are familiar with rice flour then this shouldn’t be any news to you! If you prefer traditional check out the other cookie dough recipe linked above!
Sweeteners, I used maple syrup and vegan brown sugar. The brown sugar is not 100% necessary but if you want a “cookie” flavor then you probably should not skip this… p.s. I did taste this recipe without it, and it wasn’t horrible if you are already used to eating low or no sugar foods.
So that’s pretty much all for this cookie dough, let me know if you give it a try + take a pic and tag me on social media I would love to see it!!!
want to PIN this for later? click here
and don't forget to sign up for email updates (drop your email in the box below!)
***NOTE: a reader brought to my attention that raw flour may not be safe to eat due to possible contamination of the flour... under investigation of my own (reading online articles) I have come to the conclusion that it is NO MORE un-safe than eating fruit and vegetables that could also make you sick if it has been contaminated... do your own research if this concerns you, but for me, I believe anything you eat carries a risk (boxed or fresh foods). ***
Vegan Gluten Free Cookie Dough
- Yield: 1 cup
- - 1 cup flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill All Purpose Baking Flour)
- - 3 tablespoon melted butter (I used Earth Balance vegan butter in the red tub)
- - ½ teaspoon vanilla
- - 2 tablespoon unsweetened vanilla almond milk (I used SILK)
- - 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- - 1 tablespoon vegan chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
- - 1 tablespoon packed vegan brown sugar (2 tablespoon if you like it more sweet)
- In a medium mixing bowl add flour.
- In a separate small bowl melt your butter.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the melted butter (except the chocolate chips) and mix, add wet mixture to the flour and mix until forms a cookie dough consistency. (using hands works really well to mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips and roll into little balls!
- Makes about 10 balls or 20 mini balls depending on the size. Or about 1 cup of cookie dough.
NOTES: the brown sugar is not totally necessary, it does taste better and sweeter with it but I have made it without the brown sugar and it still tastes ok just not very sweet.
If you are not Gluten free then you could Sub regular AP flour OR you can check outthis other cookie dough recipe!
FREEZING: I do not suggest freezing this cookie dough but if you do decide to then let it thaw out before eating it!
Cravings = mission COMPLETED!
check out my other cookie dough!